Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question on Umbilical Hernia, and Puppy Pictures!

Real Name
    Kymberly & Andrew
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porter and Gracie Mae
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question on Umbilical Hernia, and Puppy Pictures!

Thank y'all all so much, again!

Well, today was supposed to be THE DAY for him to get his surgery, and between his puppy check last week and today, he's got himself a little respiratory infection. With that, of course they're postponing the surgery to make sure he's a-okay to have the surgery, so it will be another week or so before we get him. I feel better with our breeder getting that done before we get him, especially since he's only known them, that will give him another week or so with an environment he's used to, and will have the time needed to heal. Honestly, as much as I want him, I want to do the best thing for him! I checked with my vet today, and since we are choosing to not neuter him, or not for a very long time, they said him getting the surgery as a puppy was okay. I will never feel just fabulous about a puppy or any dog going under, just cause I'm a wimp and it makes me nervous, but I suppose they have more experience and knowledge than I do.

I have a whole other idea and question popping in my head after finding out that Porter's sister hasn't been reserved or 'picked' yet. In his litter, it was him, another baby boy, and one girl. I hadn't seen her or any pictures of her, since our breeder knew we wanted a boy (first), and then today it was mentioned that the little girl hadn't been picked and is the only one left out of two full litters. Another dog had a litter of 7 one week apart! She's an absolute munchkin with the sweetest face and powder white little body, and I want her too! I need input and advice on that, if it's okay or recommended one way or another to not have two little ones at the same time, or if it really doesn't matter, and so forth. I'm about to make that post! I need guidance. Hahaha! I am having a hard time knowing she wasn't picked and the only one left!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

If you are up for it go for it! You will probably never have another chance like this again. There are many opinions out there about having siblings that grow up together, which is basically what you would have, but no proof whether it is good or bad. I would avoid putting two males together but a male and a female I think is great!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Kymberly & Andrew
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porter and Gracie Mae
    Likes (Received)

Thank you!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Guinness had one & we just had it done when he was neutered. Our breeder said she had it done but our vet didn't think so and went ahead and fixed it while doing the neuter so he didn't have to go under again. From what I remember I didn't have a heart attack when they told me the cost.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

They are adorable!!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads