ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome to EBN... Frank is adorable, I love his coloring! So sorry about your beloved Angus ; (

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
frankthetank

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2002-2013), Frank 2 years old
Thank you [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], we are very happy with him, I just hope he turns out a healthy dog, after reading some post here I got a bit worried...

OP
frankthetank

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow [MENTION=7587]Rural mystic[/MENTION]! You really know about Panama! Roberto Duran is considered a national hero here! Everybody loves him, I even heard they are going to make a movie about his life, my husband is really exited, we can't wait to see it and hope is a good one!!
Thanks for your advise on housetraining, today I started to take him more time out instead of letting him do on his wee wee pad. As for tear stains, I am feeding him TOTW salmon for puppies, thats what the breeder gave him, have you heard anything about tear stains with this brand? Also Panama is very humid and hot, not the best for bullies, but we try to have him in air conditioning most of the time.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I haven't heard anything negative or about tear staining with TOTW. As long as you feed a good quality kibble then its sometimes a guessing game to know which one they do best on. But as you said its hot and humid, much like here in North Florida and Frank is young and may be just developing his immune system and the tear staining may clear up on its own. Does he also have a pink belly and inner thighs at times? If so it may be an environmental allergy and Frank just getting immune to it himself. Yes I am a big boxing nut and have watched hundreds of matches since the mid 60's and Roberto Duran has for many years been my favorite. I followed his career from the time he turned professional and always liked his style. "Hands of Stone" A beauty to behold when he was doing his work with the "sweet science"

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Frank is a little cutie! His coloring may keep him out of any show arena and some might even contend that breeding outside of the breed standards for "rare" colors can be linked to all sorts of health issues. And in the case of our Amelia this is likely true since her hip luxation is a genetic deformity, but also like our Amy there is no disputing that the unique coloring has produced beautiful puppies that will be beautiful adults too.

Can't help with your method of potty training because I've never tried puppy pads, but I'm sure he will figure out what you expect. And as he can hold it more hopefully he will get to the point soon that going out a couple times a day is all he needs.

Keep reading and you'll find lots of tips to help with the biting. You can also search up at the top right of the forum for the word biting and you will see most recent threads where it's been mentioned.

OP
frankthetank

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] for the info. I really hope my Frank turns out well. [MENTION=7587]Rural mystic[/MENTION], Frank doesn't have a pink belly or inner thighs...but today I gave him egg at lunch and 4 hours later he vomited for the first time since I've had him. I think the egg was too strong maybe, or eventually I will have to change his food. I've read a lot about Natures Instinct grain free, and is for all stages. I'll wait and see. Thanks for the tips!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.... As you are finding out, there is a ton of info here on EBN along with personal experience to help with your puppy . Enjoy the site.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Thank you @LariP for the info. I really hope my Frank turns out well. @Rural mystic, Frank doesn't have a pink belly or inner thighs...but today I gave him egg at lunch and 4 hours later he vomited for the first time since I've had him. I think the egg was too strong maybe, or eventually I will have to change his food. I've read a lot about Natures Instinct grain free, and is for all stages. I'll wait and see. Thanks for the tips!

Was the egg raw or boiled? Ace loves eggs and never has had a problem with them but they have always been cooked, usually a boiled egg and I usually break it up and mix it with his kibble

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
It also may depend on how old your pup is before you introduce various items. Once when ace was having a bit of constipation I read somewhere about giving a little buttermilk. He loved it but I was careful not to overdue it cause he would drink as much as I put in his bowl. It helped the digestion issues. Buttermilk is a probiotic as well

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello and welcome to ebn. your baby is just adorable. im glad your here and there is so much info here. :)

OP
frankthetank

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Was the egg raw or boiled? Ace loves eggs and never has had a problem with them but they have always been cooked, usually a boiled egg and I usually break it up and mix it with his kibble

the egg was boiled and cut into little pieces, but I think one egg was too much for him, maybe next week I will give him half egg twice a week. he did good this weekend, no more vomiting. also I ordered online those Nu-Vet vitamins, I've read they are good, so I will startt giving him those little by little since I know now from reading here how sensitive their little stomachs are

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.