New from Panama City, Panama!

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2002-2013), Frank 2 years old
Thank you [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] for your welcoming letter!:)

I found this incredible site looking for info on Bulldogs and I would love to share experiences, questions, etc in your forum. We live in Panama (Central America) and here not many people know about this special breed and there are no vets with good Bulldogs experience. We had our beloved Bulldog named Angus for 11 years, he just passed away in May. He came from a very good breeder in Guatemala and was relatively healthy apart from some skin issues every now and then. He died of cancer. We were so sad we had to get another one right away. We love this breed, they are the best companions...my son says they are the biggest lap dogs in this world :excited:! So we have a new puppy now from a very nice lady breeder in Ohio, USA. He is 12 weeks, his name is Frank. He is tri color, gray, white and fawn. We got him because he looks so cute and different! I am not sure how this color is regarded in the Bulldog community or how these breeders came up with this color, but we are very happy with him. You can give your opinions please. So this is why I am here, to get help in all topics about Bulldogs and to learn from your experiences.
We also own a Dachshund, Homer, he is 9 years old, very smart guy but a little jealous now! It is nice to be here!...:no:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome to you, Frank and Homer! I don't know anything about breeding but do know that the grey color (they call it blue) in Bulldogs comes from a recessive gene!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and can't wait to see pics of your baby.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Welcome to EBN, truly the best site on the web for information about English Bull Dogs. There are so many articles, and so much information on this site, it should keep you busy for weeks researching. I'm very sorry to hear about Angus, but tickled to hear about Frank and Homer. Were so glad you've decided to join our happy family, our pets are the best…….

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: So glad you found us! I'm sorry about Angus, I'm sure he lived a great life and was loved so much. I know you will love it here! I know nothing about the pros and cons of breeding..all I know is..I pretty much love ALL Bully's!

OP
frankthetank

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2002-2013), Frank 2 years old
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Here is a pic of our Frank

IMG_1031.jpgIMG_1029.jpgIMG_1024.jpgIMG_0115.jpgIMG_0122 - Version 2.jpg

We are in love! He is so playful and happy...but is bitting a lot, anything on his way. We live in an apartment so we only take him down after each meal, 3 times a day, the rest of the time he goes to his wee wee pad...do you think that would confuse him? We crate him for little whiles after each meal also and for the night, from 11 pm to 7 am and he has done well. He weights 15 lbs now, eats 3/4 cup TOTW puppy kibble. He has tear stains in the white side of his face that we are fight to get rid of by keeping his wrinkles clean, any good suggestion?

IMG_0833.jpg
Our beloved Angus (he will always be in our hearts) with Homer when he was a puppy

Attachments

• IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 119

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Welcome! I'm so sorry about Angus -- you must miss him so much. You need to post a photo of Frank -- he sounds adorable. This is a great spot to get information, share photos, and talk about bullies! Dudley and I say welcome!:welcome3:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN!! Frank is one very, very adorable bully boy.... he had a kiss spot too ! So far sounds like you have a good routine with him for training.

Angus was a very handsome bully.... so sorry for your loss - thank you for sharing his picture with us

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
so sorry for your loss :( your new baby is absolutley handsome......:)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:rolleyes: Nice t-shirt :whistle: on the handsome fella :D

:smileywelcome: Regina and Frank, heartfelt sympathy for you loss of Angus. tear stains are a pain in the butt especially for younger bully's , it seems as though some may grow out of the condition, but until then you can use a tad bit of Witch Hazel on a cotton ball and gently wipe the area once or twice a day. be sure not to get too close to the eye.
We're so glad you found us too :2thumbs:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome to EBN and you have a great looking bulldog in Frank. Panama City, Panama is the hometown of my favorite boxer of all time. In my opinion one of the best P4P fighters ever. Roberto Duran.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I personally think that housetraining them to go outside and also allowing them to do their business inside may be a bit confusing, I'm sure they could get it eventually but may be more difficult. As for the tear staining Ace had a case of it too when he was younger and I tried several remedies, nothing worked but it cleared up with the right diet for him. So diet may be an issue or it may be his immune system being developed and if the diet is not the issue it may be environmental allergies that are causing the staining.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Welcome to you, Regina, Mr Frank, Homer, and the other handsome one in the T-shirt! I am also sorry you lost precious Angus. He looks quite handsome. Thanks for the photos.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. We are all proud members of bully lovers anonymous so grab an elk antler and stay awhile.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online