Hello from Kentucky

KentuckyBully

Jun 28, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey and Minnie
Hello! I'm a new member from KY and we have two bulldog puppies, Minnie (9 months) and Mickey (6.5 months). They also share their home with two elkhounds and two pugs. We just lost our frenchie two months ago and we also just lost our elkhound two weeks ago. They were only 10 and 14. I say "only" as we have two 17.6 year olds and one 14 year old ( the other is 11.) our intention was to only add one puppy but we soon learned poor Minnie needed a playmate. Minnie is a hound trapped in a bully body. I'm hoping to get her involved with therapy training as she really enjoys everything and anything. We are just waiting for the next class to start. She had hip surgery on both hips @15 weeks and also had her palate worked on and was spayed. Poor thing couldn't do anything for three weeks. She just developed cherry eye three weeks ago and had that corrected and she was back in the e-collar. However, she had a great recovery and both hips are more firm. Mickey doesn't have any of those issues and is very mellow and laid back. Both are very smart and are totally motivated by food so the clicker has worked great. We have not had a puppy in 14 years and they are so much fun!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow Minnie sure had a lot of surgeries at such a young age :(. She sounds like a spitfire and has already went through more than any bully should have to go through in a lifetime In those short months.

Welcome and hope you share pictures, I would love to meet the whole gang!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Welcome to you Minnie and Mickey, Wow, two bully babies at once... lol I can't wait to see their pictures, knowing your having the time of your life with two of them !! Awesome.... So sorry to read about your losses, I know personally how you feel, but something tells me, these bully's came with plenty of personality per loaded inside lol. Please enjoy the site, and welcome to an Awesome family, where our Bully's are no #1.... Jump right on there with any questions, and enjoy the many great articles written by experts on Bully's....

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN!! Your a much braver soul than I,,,,, two at once. lol Thanx for signing up and I hope you will post lots of pix of your babies. Enjoy the website and ask questions, its kind of what we do here. ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, your hands r full rnt they? Sorry to hear about your losses.:( no matter how long they live, it is never long enough! Welcome to EBN!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... what a pack you have! best of lucky with all of them and look forward to seeing pictures of all your babies!

:welcome3: to EBN

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Did Minnie have luxated/dislocated hips? That's what Amelia has, but the orthopedic vet is recommending we wait to have surgery until she's about a year old. She goes for a checkup in a couple months, but he sounded at her first check at 9 weeks like that is the course of action that would be best for her.

Hope to see some pics of your whole crew soon.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN! Can't wait to see pictures of Minnie and Mickey!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN, you'll love it here! Am so impressed w/the long years lived
of your dogs...we need that kind of experience & tips shared here :)

I'm very sorry to hear of your losses and so close together...very difficult to bear.

Love the variety of your pack, please share pics when you can...GOD bless all!

OP
KentuckyBully

KentuckyBully

Jun 28, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey and Minnie
No, Minnie has hip dysplasia.:( but things are looking great!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
:welcome3:

Good for Minnie! What a little trooper! Glad you found us!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hello! I'm a new member from KY and we have two bulldog puppies, Minnie (9 months) and Mickey (6.5 months). They also share their home with two elkhounds and two pugs. We just lost our frenchie two months ago and we also just lost our elkhound two weeks ago. They were only 10 and 14. I say "only" as we have two 17.6 year olds and one 14 year old ( the other is 11.) our intention was to only add one puppy but we soon learned poor Minnie needed a playmate. Minnie is a hound trapped in a bully body. I'm hoping to get her involved with therapy training as she really enjoys everything and anything. We are just waiting for the next class to start. She had hip surgery on both hips @15 weeks and also had her palate worked on and was spayed. Poor thing couldn't do anything for three weeks. She just developed cherry eye three weeks ago and had that corrected and she was back in the e-collar. However, she had a great recovery and both hips are more firm. Mickey doesn't have any of those issues and is very mellow and laid back. Both are very smart and are totally motivated by food so the clicker has worked great. We have not had a puppy in 14 years and they are so much fun!

Welcome ! but you can't use the excuse, I'm new, I didnt know about the monthly photo competition, especially this month, cause I LOVE showing off my Bully's Booty. So find the 'Bully Booty' Thread, figure out how to upload a picture and *DO TODAY!* get involved in YOUR Community ! :) :) (and it was my idea for Bully Butts this month, and I really want it to be a success ! ! !

Rick and Dottie
Human Companions to
Gizmo and Hershey

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.