Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Thunder
    Likes (Received)

Default Hello

My name is Mark and I am from SW Florida. I am looking into getting a bulldog pup. I have had three labs and a great dane in the past. I have been doing quite a lot of research on the subject so that I am well informed when I get a new bully. I do have a question. I noticed several scams out there, advertisements and such. I just found one which the person advertises the pups with pictures and prices. He emailed me the pictures and all the pictures have palm trees in the background and he says he is from NY. I did a quick Google search, and found three different websites in which he claims to do business. I just wanted to know if I can list the websites or somehow report the incident? I have emailed him back asking why so cheap? Why do all the pictures have palm trees if you are from NY? Also, he claims to be a veterinarian. Although, none can be found with his name in NY.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello

Hi Mark! Welcome...and Bravo to you for researching and especially for being proactive. There are soooo many scams out there. I wouldn't buy a pup online. Sadly, there are just too many scams. We have had members fall prey to these. When you are ready for a pup and want to investigate real trustworthy breeders..you are welcome to post where you are at. We aren't allowed to recommend breeders here, but members can send you a PM with recommendations or even warnings! We have a few members who do breed responsibly also ànd they can advise you also.

Lol! Just saw you already said you were in SW Florida...sorry!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome! So glad you are doing your homework. There are thousands of scams out there, that is why it's important to find a local breeder. You may need to get on a waiting list so patience is pretty important.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Hi Mark!
    Just PM'd you! Good luck with your search. Hopefully the info I gave you will help!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Hey Mark… to English Bull Dog News Forum, Which is better described as English Bull Dog World !! You've hit the Jackpot for information and help…No Joke. I just rescued a 9 month old Bully from Orlando…. and I know their are breeders down there. As @JAKEISGREAT and @Desrtskybulldogs mentioned, and I need to echo, Because those two Ladies speak with TONS of EXPERIENCE, Scams are everywhere, and we've read many of them right here on this board, and some of our members have actually gotten solicitations just as you found…..Hmmmmm, Let me repeat to you something I explained to an member yesterday in search of a Bully, Because his deal fell through. This is my opinion, and may not be represented by everyone on the forum, that said I'll repeat the advice…. You can pay for a bully up front, or you can pay for a bully on the back end, Let me explain. If you purchase a bully from a reputable breeder, whom (Who we advocate) Breeds to better the breed, Your going to get a healthier puppy. If you buy from any old breeder, whom is just looking to breed to profit, they could care less about the breed, or doing the research to better the breed or anything else, for them it's all about profit, Then you'll surely be up to your neck in medical expenses in your future, unless you just somehow get Lucky. These Pets are high maintenance, meaning every day, it's important to wipe wrinkles, clean tail pockets, survey them nose to tail and toes included, time to find the right foods, if they have allergies, and when their allergies kick in, then your seeking remedies often from your vet, time and money, and I have to say many Vets see Bullys as money pitts !! I can't stress enough how important it is to find a reputable breeder up front !! and as said prior to this post, there are a few here on EBN, but their not allowed to advertise…. If your serious about a Bully please heed this information, make an informed decision, and then experience the Love these guys have to offer, rather than a sour experience.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Thunder
    Likes (Received)

Dave, Lisa, Mary & Becky, thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the assistance and advice. I will continue to do more research until I am content.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You picked the right place to do that research. Welcome to English Bulldog World.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

You do have to be careful when dealing with internet sales, particularly with all the scams out there. But it appears you already figured that part out on your own! Looking forward to you sharing the life of your baby with us when you find the perfect one.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Good for you, doing the research and asking questions. Preferably you can find your bully from someone who lives close enough to visit their kennel. If not make sure they provide references of customers and/or other reputable sources for you to check them out. Welcome to ebn

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello, to EBN and best of luck on your search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN Mark. You have lots of experienced advice above. Good luck on your search and will be looking to pictures when he/she arrives.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads