Hello

Stang

Jun 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thunder
My name is Mark and I am from SW Florida. I am looking into getting a bulldog pup. I have had three labs and a great dane in the past. I have been doing quite a lot of research on the subject so that I am well informed when I get a new bully. I do have a question. I noticed several scams out there, advertisements and such. I just found one which the person advertises the pups with pictures and prices. He emailed me the pictures and all the pictures have palm trees in the background and he says he is from NY. I did a quick Google search, and found three different websites in which he claims to do business. I just wanted to know if I can list the websites or somehow report the incident? I have emailed him back asking why so cheap? Why do all the pictures have palm trees if you are from NY? Also, he claims to be a veterinarian. Although, none can be found with his name in NY.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi Mark! Welcome...and Bravo to you for researching and especially for being proactive. There are soooo many scams out there. I wouldn't buy a pup online. Sadly, there are just too many scams. We have had members fall prey to these. When you are ready for a pup and want to investigate real trustworthy breeders..you are welcome to post where you are at. We aren't allowed to recommend breeders here, but members can send you a PM with recommendations or even warnings! We have a few members who do breed responsibly also ànd they can advise you also.

Lol! Just saw you already said you were in SW Florida...sorry!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! So glad you are doing your homework. There are thousands of scams out there, that is why it's important to find a local breeder. You may need to get on a waiting list so patience is pretty important.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Hi Mark!
Just PM'd you! Good luck with your search. Hopefully the info I gave you will help!!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey Mark…:welcome3: to English Bull Dog News Forum, Which is better described as English Bull Dog World !! You've hit the Jackpot for information and help…No Joke. I just rescued a 9 month old Bully from Orlando…. and I know their are breeders down there. As [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] and @Desrtskybulldogs mentioned, and I need to echo, Because those two Ladies speak with TONS of EXPERIENCE, Scams are everywhere, and we've read many of them right here on this board, and some of our members have actually gotten solicitations just as you found…..Hmmmmm, Let me repeat to you something I explained to an member yesterday in search of a Bully, Because his deal fell through. This is my opinion, and may not be represented by everyone on the forum, that said I'll repeat the advice…. You can pay for a bully up front, or you can pay for a bully on the back end, Let me explain. If you purchase a bully from a reputable breeder, whom (Who we advocate) Breeds to better the breed, Your going to get a healthier puppy. If you buy from any old breeder, whom is just looking to breed to profit, they could care less about the breed, or doing the research to better the breed or anything else, for them it's all about profit, Then you'll surely be up to your neck in medical expenses in your future, unless you just somehow get Lucky. These Pets are high maintenance, meaning every day, it's important to wipe wrinkles, clean tail pockets, survey them nose to tail and toes included, time to find the right foods, if they have allergies, and when their allergies kick in, then your seeking remedies often from your vet, time and money, and I have to say many Vets see Bullys as money pitts !! I can't stress enough how important it is to find a reputable breeder up front !! and as said prior to this post, there are a few here on EBN, but their not allowed to advertise…. If your serious about a Bully please heed this information, make an informed decision, and then experience the Love these guys have to offer, rather than a sour experience.

OP
Stang

Stang

Jun 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thunder
Dave, Lisa, Mary & Becky, thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the assistance and advice. I will continue to do more research until I am content.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You picked the right place to do that research. Welcome to English Bulldog World.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: You do have to be careful when dealing with internet sales, particularly with all the scams out there. But it appears you already figured that part out on your own! Looking forward to you sharing the life of your baby with us when you find the perfect one.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Good for you, doing the research and asking questions. Preferably you can find your bully from someone who lives close enough to visit their kennel. If not make sure they provide references of customers and/or other reputable sources for you to check them out. Welcome to ebn

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello, :welcome3: to EBN and best of luck on your search

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN Mark. You have lots of experienced advice above. Good luck on your search and will be looking to pictures when he/she arrives. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, I'm glad you are doing your homework on finding a good breeder. Can't wait to see your new pup when you get nim.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
:bravo:

Did they ever answer your inquiries? It would be interesting to hear how he answers...IF he even answers! :welcome: to the forum!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
My name is Mark and I am from SW Florida. I am looking into getting a bulldog pup. I have had three labs and a great dane in the past. I have been doing quite a lot of research on the subject so that I am well informed when I get a new bully. I do have a question. I noticed several scams out there, advertisements and such. I just found one which the person advertises the pups with pictures and prices. He emailed me the pictures and all the pictures have palm trees in the background and he says he is from NY. I did a quick Google search, and found three different websites in which he claims to do business. I just wanted to know if I can list the websites or somehow report the incident? I have emailed him back asking why so cheap? Why do all the pictures have palm trees if you are from NY? Also, he claims to be a veterinarian. Although, none can be found with his name in NY.

.Welcome ! but you can't use the excuse, I'm new, I didnt know about the monthly photo competition, especially this month, cause I LOVE showing off my Bully's Booty. So find the 'Bully Booty' Thread, figure out how to upload a picture and *DO TODAY!* get involved in YOUR Community ! :) :) (and it was my idea for Bully Butts this month, and I really want it to be a success ! ! !

Rick and Dottie
Human Companions to
Gizmo and Hershey

Most Reactions