New Member New Orleans , La

RiverMonsta

Jun 23, 2013
New Orleans , la
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
Hey was up ladies and fellas. I'm bout to be the proud owner of a English bulldog I'm purchasing for my baby boy who is about to make 3 next month. He is a ball of energy (terrible 2) if you have kids you understand. Well I have owned other dogs before most where very large breed dogs my favorite Cane Corso there like big babies love to play, just don't realize there size and strength. Anyway I also at this moment have a cute little Maltese house dog 3 years old and she runs the house that's my daughter dog. Now I'm adding the bulldog for my son manly dog lol. So I'm sure ill be asking plenty ?'s to come. My family is exited about adding one. I have done plenty homework for months before making my choice to get one. I'm a 34 year old truck driver so I get to meet all kind of people that are dog owners etc... And have shared there funniest stories. So I'm looking to really enjoy the new addition to my family thanks you guys for your time. Sorry so long

OP
R

RiverMonsta

Jun 23, 2013
New Orleans , la
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
If you guys don't mind sharing type of foods that have kept your dogs coat nice and healthy and post pics ill share with the kids thanks. Any tips advice I'm all ears. Pup will be 6 month old boy. I know a lil old but cash not flowing like it used to and dogs previous owner is in hardship so we worked out a good deal :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN..... I too am a fan of the Cane Corso, big clowns is what they are, but very protective and strong. I volunteered for a period of time with a Corso rescue and when (as with any breed) treated/trained correctly they are wonder babies!

Here is a link you to read about food... or star is what is best. A lot here use Fromm, but that does not mean it would be best for every bully, but read through the list and see what might work for your pack

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey RiverMonsta, :welcome: To EBN, I'm from Slidell…. I've got two boys, Rocky and Rambo, 15 month old and 9 month old, and have them both on Blue Buffalo Salmen and Potato Grain free formula, specifically for their coats. Fromm's is an excellence food, and what I like about it is the fact, you can switch between their 4 star foods, one formula to another instantly, without your new bully getting a tummy ache, and having Diarrhea… or worse, and not eating. You've definitely came to the right place for information, advice etc… These Bullys are pre loaded with so much personality inside… and are so loving towards their families. Your just in for one heck of a Ride with a Bully, an adventure like no other. I don't know of any other Pet who will keep you so entertained, and do the wildest things, and all they require is love, and of course understanding…. I'm looking foreword to reading your posts, and hearing your experiences with Tango.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Hopefully by getting a 6 month old puppy you are going to be past the worst part of the Puppy Shark stage and potty training. :) Hope to see some pics soon!

As far as the food my number one recommendation is to not make the choice based on price. Make the choice on how your bully does with the food. Often times people try to get by with cheaper foods, but end up paying for it in higher vet bills when their baby is allergic to something in those foods.
Most bully's do best on grain free foods. Less yeast problems and stomach upset. Many need limited ingredients for further allergy control. It can be a trial and error thing until you find what works for your bully. You will need to do a slow transition from what he is already eating if it isn't a great choice. It's amazing the difference the right food can make though.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi River Monsta! When is your new bundle of joy arriving to his new family? You will receive plenty of helpful info here on EBN (as u have already)! Welcome!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Welcome to EBN, you have made a wise choice picking a EBD they are wonderful companions and so easy to fall in love with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome to EBN........can't wait to see pics......as for food, there is nothing better than Fromm, right now Forde is eating Fromm pork and applesauce, he loves it!!

OP
R

RiverMonsta

Jun 23, 2013
New Orleans , la
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
Thanks you guys. For all your help unfortanly the deal didn't go threw :(. I'm a lil upset but guys close friend wanted dog. So all I can do is look again. I really wanted my son with him. Guess I won't get so exited until I actually have puppy in my hands. I'll just have to save up more money and look again. Thanks for all the helpful advice I won't give up

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh no. I am sorry. :( welcome to the family anyhow. We have had many members join in long before ever getting their babies so hope you stick around. Have you looked into bully rescue also?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hey was up ladies and fellas. I'm bout to be the proud owner of a English bulldog I'm purchasing for my baby boy who is about to make 3 next month. He is a ball of energy (terrible 2) if you have kids you understand. Well I have owned other dogs before most where very large breed dogs my favorite Cane Corso there like big babies love to play, just don't realize there size and strength. Anyway I also at this moment have a cute little Maltese house dog 3 years old and she runs the house that's my daughter dog. Now I'm adding the bulldog for my son manly dog lol. So I'm sure ill be asking plenty ?'s to come. My family is exited about adding one. I have done plenty homework for months before making my choice to get one. I'm a 34 year old truck driver so I get to meet all kind of people that are dog owners etc... And have shared there funniest stories. So I'm looking to really enjoy the new addition to my family thanks you guys for your time. Sorry so long

Welcome ! but you can't use the excuse, I'm new, I didnt know about the monthly photo competition, especially this month, cause I LOVE showing off my Bully's Booty. So find the 'Bully Booty' Thread, figure out how to upload a picture and *DO TODAY!* get involved in YOUR Community ! :) :) (and it was my idea for Bully Butts this month, and I really want it to be a success ! ! !

Rick and Dottie
Human Companions to
Gizmo and Hershey

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.