Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Sorry...that should have read..."we FED crappy food" as we do not now!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.... Im glad you signed up and are enjoying the site. Hope you find EBN to be your second home like so many of us have...... its like family here, sharing what we have learned is what we do. :)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Sweetie, don't waste time feeling guilty, you did the best you could with the
knowledge at the time, as we all do. Life is a continual education and when you
know better...you do better...and that's exactly what you are doing now...THAT
is what counts! Many of us feed crappy foods, me included because we were lied
to but obviously, we looked further into it and here we are today, educated, aware
and sharing the knowledge...be proud of yourself for doing so, Winston will benefit.

There are ways to do it on a budget and that is shared here also, not all bullie owners
are wealthy...I'm not and so we have to find ways to own a bully and then feed them
as healthy as possible. Quality food saves on vet bills because they have fewer, if any,
problems and also the food is nutrient dense so servings are smaller. If you have the
time, you can supplement kibble with home cooking, things you cook and eat too!

You've got us now and won't be doing this alone...or left grieving your beloved babies
by yourself either. I lost my 1st bully, Brutus this January, just 5 months after my 52 y/o
Hubby died after a heart attack. Without these members supporting me...I couldn't make
it...they've been my lifeline and still are. They will do the same for you, I too, was new to
them...didn't matter. They opened their arms & hearts and just accepted and loved me.
I know GOD guided me here...it's saved my life...I LOVE these good people! GOD bless!

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your husband... I can't even imagine what you have been going thru!!! I know they say God only gives you what you can handle, but sometimes you have to wonder. I'm so glad that you found this site and got the support that you need. Please count me in on that support... I do believe that God puts people in your life at certain times for a reason :)

I plan on reading up on all the food forums on here... I'm amazed at all the great info on here about bullies!!! I wish I had found this site years ago...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:smileywelcome: to EBN.... Im glad you signed up and are enjoying the site. Hope you find EBN to be your second home like so many of us have...... its like family here, sharing what we have learned is what we do. :)

Thanks so much Bruce, I'm really enjoying this site & it's starting to feel like home :D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hi there and welcome to the site. im so glad you found us and sorry bout your loss. im not sure if you have found a food yet but im here now to help. :)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I still have Winston on a chicken & rice diet, but I was thinking of starting w/Fromm's. Seems like a popular choice on here... I don't know if he has a food allergy or not. If you have any other suggestions please let me know... This is so overwhelming!!! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm late to this party, but :welcome3: Thanks for posting the pictures already. Hope to see lots more! So sorry to read of your loss of Bella and Wellie. I sure hope you have many happy healthy years with Winston.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the warm welcome [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: I'm late to the welcoming party , no less, I want to send you my sincere sympathy for the loss of your baby's Bella and Wellie , I'm so glad you found us . welcome to the family

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]
Thank you... You guys have been so supportive! Our hearts are broken, but we will carry on... We have a 9 year old Boxer Roxie & of course Winston ; )

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
First of all I would like to say how sorry I am for the loss of your two babies it is a very hard time to deal with and Bella looked a beautiful girl and yes they will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge. I want to welcome you to EBN we are all here for each other to share the hard times and to help with any issues we have, I hope you enjoy here as much as I do 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome to EBN....so sorry to hear of your loss :( !

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] [MENTION=2572]FORDE'SMOM[/MENTION]

Thank you for the warm welcome...

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hello Tracey, don't think I've officially said Hi yet. Very sorry about the loss of Bella and Winston. Your heart my be a heavy one right now. I haven't lost any bullies but I lost two of my bestest friends in the last 2.5 years, each a year apart from the other. They were littermate brother and were 13. It was so hard for us and we still miss them much. You found the right group, we understand that heartache. :hug: to you!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Thank you for the warm welcome... We are taking things one day at a time & counting our blessings. It's hard ; (

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.