Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Member

to EBN, you've definitely found the right place to call a home for English Bull Dogs…. Like you, I consult my Vet for many questions, He's a MD for my Bully, but isn't specifically specialized Bully MD if that makes sense….. Why he would reccoment Purina is anyone's guess, It's like "Junk Food" for our pets, They eat it, but their not really being fed by it. I'm going to enclose a thread from the Articles section of this site, and it names of the best to worst foods in a Ratings style, and alphabetical, so Please don't think No #1 on the list is best. I feed my guys Blue Buffalo Salmon and Potato, Grain free diet, it's rated 6*'s but seeing their fur coats is believing. Very soft, shiny !! But some Bully's have allergies, to things like Chicken, Potato, some of the members here cook daily for their Bully's and some cook once a week, refrigerate and feed. Loosing a Pet, for me speaking personally is Overwhelming…. The Love, Care, and for me…. I'm Selfish, I want my pet to be in my life until death do I part, I know it's unrealistic, But to tell you how Sad I am for your loss is beyond what words can describe. I'll definitely add you and your family to my thoughts and prayers. Rocky was the runt of his litter, But at 50 lbs…. He's doing quite well for himself now. I hope to read many more posts from you, and so look foreword to pictures, Were definitely a picture happy family here. Please hang in there, and hang tough…… Enjoy the site, and the best information found anywhere on the web…..

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...d-Ratings&

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you guys so much, I'm truly overwhelmed & brought to tears... It's amazing how kindness from complete strangers can make you feel less alone. I'm also sorry that some of you have lost your bullies as well, you never realize how empty your home feels until one of your babies is gone!!! I'm gonna do my best to take care of baby Winston, I just wish I had realized the food issue early on. I had NO idea that food could cause so many problems for bullies. My vet seemed to promote Purina just based on the facts that it's been around for years, and his dogs did fine on it... My thinking is that if I'm going to try & eat better organic food in my home, then why should my dogs be an exception if I can afford it!!! Thanks for all the input on the food, I feel so much better making an informed decision

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Oh Sweetie, don't waste time feeling guilty, you did the best you could with the
    knowledge at the time, as we all do. Life is a continual education and when you
    know better...you do better...and that's exactly what you are doing now...THAT
    is what counts! Many of us feed crappy foods, me included because we were lied
    to but obviously, we looked further into it and here we are today, educated, aware
    and sharing the knowledge...be proud of yourself for doing so, Winston will benefit.

There are ways to do it on a budget and that is shared here also, not all bullie owners
    are wealthy...I'm not and so we have to find ways to own a bully and then feed them
    as healthy as possible. Quality food saves on vet bills because they have fewer, if any,
    problems and also the food is nutrient dense so servings are smaller. If you have the
    time, you can supplement kibble with home cooking, things you cook and eat too!

You've got us now and won't be doing this alone...or left grieving your beloved babies
    by yourself either. I lost my 1st bully, Brutus this January, just 5 months after my 52 y/o
    Hubby died after a heart attack. Without these members supporting me...I couldn't make
    it...they've been my lifeline and still are. They will do the same for you, I too, was new to
    them...didn't matter. They opened their arms & hearts and just accepted and loved me.
    I know GOD guided me here...it's saved my life...I LOVE these good people! GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

​Sorry...that should have read..."we FED crappy food" as we do not now!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN.... Im glad you signed up and are enjoying the site. Hope you find EBN to be your second home like so many of us have...... its like family here, sharing what we have learned is what we do.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Oh Sweetie, don't waste time feeling guilty, you did the best you could with the
    knowledge at the time, as we all do. Life is a continual education and when you
    know better...you do better...and that's exactly what you are doing now...THAT
    is what counts! Many of us feed crappy foods, me included because we were lied
    to but obviously, we looked further into it and here we are today, educated, aware
    and sharing the knowledge...be proud of yourself for doing so, Winston will benefit.

There are ways to do it on a budget and that is shared here also, not all bullie owners
    are wealthy...I'm not and so we have to find ways to own a bully and then feed them
    as healthy as possible. Quality food saves on vet bills because they have fewer, if any,
    problems and also the food is nutrient dense so servings are smaller. If you have the
    time, you can supplement kibble with home cooking, things you cook and eat too!

You've got us now and won't be doing this alone...or left grieving your beloved babies
    by yourself either. I lost my 1st bully, Brutus this January, just 5 months after my 52 y/o
    Hubby died after a heart attack. Without these members supporting me...I couldn't make
    it...they've been my lifeline and still are. They will do the same for you, I too, was new to
    them...didn't matter. They opened their arms & hearts and just accepted and loved me.
    I know GOD guided me here...it's saved my life...I LOVE these good people! GOD bless!

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your husband... I can't even imagine what you have been going thru!!! I know they say God only gives you what you can handle, but sometimes you have to wonder. I'm so glad that you found this site and got the support that you need. Please count me in on that support... I do believe that God puts people in your life at certain times for a reason

I plan on reading up on all the food forums on here... I'm amazed at all the great info on here about bullies!!! I wish I had found this site years ago...

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    to EBN.... Im glad you signed up and are enjoying the site. Hope you find EBN to be your second home like so many of us have...... its like family here, sharing what we have learned is what we do.
    Thanks so much Bruce, I'm really enjoying this site & it's starting to feel like home

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

hi there and welcome to the site. im so glad you found us and sorry bout your loss. im not sure if you have found a food yet but im here now to help.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I still have Winston on a chicken & rice diet, but I was thinking of starting w/Fromm's. Seems like a popular choice on here... I don't know if he has a food allergy or not. If you have any other suggestions please let me know... This is so overwhelming!!! @cowsmom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I'm late to this party, but Thanks for posting the pictures already. Hope to see lots more! So sorry to read of your loss of Bella and Wellie. I sure hope you have many happy healthy years with Winston.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the warm welcome @LariP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I'm late to the welcoming party , no less, I want to send you my sincere sympathy for the loss of your baby's Bella and Wellie , I'm so glad you found us . welcome to the family
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads