babygirlisabella

babygirlisabella

Jun 16, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Isabella
I am a new member my bull dog is a year old. I had a question my bull dog she scoots and it not her anal glands .It is her vagina. The vet told me the just do that and she okay. She looks so uncomfortable .Can anyone give me any remedy for her.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and so glad you joined us. She could be scooting because her tail pocket needs cleaned and is bothering her. Our Jewel will do this sometimes too when her tail is bothering her. She has a tail that is close to her body.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Pickle does that too. She can't reach it so thats her way to get to it. I just make sure I clean her after she goes out to do her business. She pees in the mulch which the color dye transfer to her, I use a washcloth and lots of warm water. That usually takes care of her issue. You could also use a baby wipe.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: to EBN ... I have no experience of this but I'm glad others have been here already to give you advice!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome here. My boy Ace doesn't do this but glad you have gotten some good advice on probable cause. Hope it works out

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: You might just be sure to clean the lady parts well after she's been out to potty with baby wipes and apply some anti itch/anti fungal cream or even some destine on to soothe her because when she's scooting basically she's trying to scratch an itch.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
She just needs to be cleaned. Bully's squat low to to the ground when they pee. I have to clean Sally (my new 7 year old rescue) often. She too scoots her lady area. She had a bad rash just above her lady area I found out that was raw. I just cleaned her up with a wet towel, used some Golds Bond Powder (you can use cornstarch too) and a bit of desitin. She was good to go in two days. She's only done it twice more in the last 6 weeks so I just cleaned her and dried her out with cornstarch those times as she had no rash, just needed a cleaning.

:welcome: to EBN too!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: --- the gnag gave you some good advice on what could be the issue. Keep her clean and dry ... vagina and under tail (tail pocket) and she should stop the scoots.

Abby&Jacks Mom

May 1, 2013
connecticut
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
abigail & jackson
Welcome my Abby scoots too and has a rash on her belly. I have been cleaning her with baby wipes then drying and applying gold bond powder.She seems to enjoy getting cleaned and it stops the scooting. But she still has the rash.:welcome3: Guess it's time for a vet visit. You have gotten good advise let us know how it works .I have not tried destin but will be buying some tomorrow

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
:welcome: Hey babygirlisabella, So nice to see you found us here, It's the best place on the web for English Bull Dogs…. I haven't seen this with Rocky or Rambo, But have used baby wipes on their tail ends after they've gone #2 outside, and clean their tail pockets with Douxo Pads which contains Micellar solution, In which my Vet recommends cleaning with Maliket and sells it readily in his Vets Office, Which he swears by, and in reading the threads here, so many others use something/type of Maliket as well. Scooting across the floor and looking uncomfortable, would be unacceptable to me, and i'm thinking for you too, as is why your asking. Follow your instincts, if you feel something is wrong, It probably is….. So glad you found the site, look foreword to reading more from you, and please post pictures when you get a chance…

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
WElcome to EBN. Is she urinating normal? For example, no increased frequency or amount?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hello there and :welcome: to ebn. so glad you joined. as others have said its either the tail pocket (area behind or below the tail which is a pocket) or the lady parts. normally you can just clean with a baby wipe but if there is some redness or such i would invest in some duoxo pads as they have many uses this being one of them. you could also just get some anti fungal cream and see if that helps.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I am a new member my bull dog is a year old. I had a question my bull dog she scoots and it not her anal glands .It is her vagina. The vet told me the just do that and she okay. She looks so uncomfortable .Can anyone give me any remedy for her.

Welcome ! but you can't use the excuse, I'm new, I didnt know about the monthly photo competition, especially this month, cause I LOVE showing off my Bully's Booty. So find the 'Bully Booty' Thread, figure out how to upload a picture and *DO TODAY!* get involved in YOUR Community ! :) :) (and it was my idea for Bully Butts this month, and I really want it to be a success ! ! !

Rick and Dottie
Human Companions to
Gizmo and Hershey

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.