JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Joined the community here, I am a new bulldog mom and first time owner. I have wanted a bulldog for 10 years and after all my reading and breeder research I ended up rescuing Jagger from a lady that was not prepared for the health issues a bulldog baby can have. He has extreme allergies with food and grass. But with the help of our wonderful vet Jagger is doing well and is full of attitude and love. Jagger has turned out to be my and my 3 year old daughter's perfect brother. He is my daughter's protector and playmate, he is perfect for us. :)

I am hoping to speak with other bulldog families in getting help with a possible hypoallergenic puppy diet and other ways to help with his grass allergy.

lots of love

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome to you and Jagger, I love his name, as I'm a Rolling Stones fan. When I got my two guys we were thinking of names, and we had Jagger and Bianca, picked, and Elvis and Priscilla, and Rocky and Adrienne, but ended up calling them Bulldozer and Blossom.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi ya Jenny and welcome to you and Jagger!

Lots of great experience and knowledge here for you... just ask away. My girl is allergic to ALL grasses so I can give some pointers to help you along.

Wipes paws when they come in from out side... unscented baby wipes or a damn cool cloth
soak in warm water and epsom salt as needed, maybe once a week
Benedryl 1 mg per pound of pup up to 3 x day

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Welcome!!! I too own my first bully. His name is Hooch. He is 2 now and the most precious little face I've ever seen!!! If someone can't love a bully, they aren't capable of love! I hope you have a great time with your new puppy and enjoy every minute of being with him!!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Congratulations and welcome. We would love to see some pictures of your new family member.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi Jenny! We have met but I want you to know..there is a wide amount of experience here. I'm sure someone will be along to help you. It might take some time for everyone to find you..I'm so glad you found us! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: You'll find lots of help and support and leads toward trying to help Jagger have the most healthy life he can. You'll also be hounded for pics...starting right now because :pics:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
:smileywelcome:to EBN! Love the name Jagger (that was actually on our short list of possible names when got our little guy)! I have no experience with the allergies, but I am sure many others on EBN will give you some great advice.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
GRASSSSSSSS it's the worst as far as I can tell. it's everywhere it's everywhere. Hate to tell ya but get rid of it in your yard is a start, Benadryl will help with the itchies and scratches but without it , I hope you live in a cold climate where theres lots of snow, or in the desert wheres there isn't any grassssss

but more importantly :smileywelcome: to the family of EBN

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and looking forward in seeing pics of your little Jagermeister.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 111

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.......Thanx for signing up. Hope you jump right in and enjoy the site.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.