OP
sezylou

sezylou

May 31, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
It is hard not to spoil him. Thank goodness he likes carrots ( the healthy snack) :)

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
He is so handsome! Every (non-EB, non-forum) person who's heard we're expecting a puppy has had tons of negative things to say: she'll chew up the house, she'll pee all over our carpet, she'll have tons of health problems, blah, blah, blah. I'm SO not expecting puppy perfection. But hearing so many positive things for once makes me really happy! Welcome :heartsign:
but any dog can have all of the above.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a sweet picture of you boy, Henry!

Welcome to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN....... Henry is adorable and I especially like that first pic of him. Please feel free to post all the pix you want. (I am greedy that way) LOL Seriously, join right in; EBN is a fun, friendly site and oh so very informative... glad you signed up :)

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome and he's so cute :) curious...what is suckling....i am thinking its what i call needing, which forde does!

OP
sezylou

sezylou

May 31, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Yes that's probably the same thing, sucking on to his favourite toy, generally in the evening when he is tired. I think it relaxes him!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi there and :welcome: to EBN. Henry is absolutely adorable. Angie [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] is from the UK too. Jump right on in and make yourself at home. So glad to have you and Henry here. :)

L

Lucy-licious

Ok the UK Branch of the :welcome: commitee has officially arived :hiya:

Welcome, welcome, welcome, to EBN..You will love it here. so much to see, do and learn :hug:

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Yes that's probably the same thing, sucking on to his favourite toy, generally in the evening when he is tired. I think it relaxes him!
exactly the same thing, thanks........do all dogs do this or just english bulldogs....when i first got forde he would be doing the suckling thing and a couple people made the comment that they had never seen a dog do this..just cats.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
exactly the same thing, thanks........do all dogs do this or just english bulldogs....when i first got forde he would be doing the suckling thing and a couple people made the comment that they had never seen a dog do this..just cats.
My male bullmastiff used to do it, as did his uncle Ralph, who was once the #1 bullmastiff in Canada. I think it's so sweet!

OP
sezylou

sezylou

May 31, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Wow he's gorgeous, and by the fire, oh to be a dog! :tongue:

OP
sezylou

sezylou

May 31, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I think it's quite common in bulldogs but I haven't known other dogs do it. How sweet isn't it! It sure calms him when is is getting a bit too boisterous.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I think it's quite common in bulldogs but I haven't known other dogs do it. How sweet isn't it! It sure calms him when is is getting a bit too boisterous.

My childhood friends had a Portuguese waterdog that had her "bobo" ehich was a blanket shje used to suckle on. She did it from puppy til senior

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.