Taking the plunge

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hello everyone! My name is Jill and we're taking the plunge to EBD parenthood. We found a great breeder in Holland and we will have our baby in July.

Was a lurker for a couple of weeks before signing up and a couple more weeks before posting my first post.

Just have to say I'm loving this forum. People are warm and very informative. I've learned alot while lurking and hoping to learm some more.

Haven't had a puppy for 8 and half years so need all the luck and wisdom i could get! (my baby an 8.5 yr. old pug died 5 months ago :( )

Can't wait for my new baby to arrive though i know we have alot of work to do before and after the baby comes.

Wish us luck!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome and congratulations.....:) sorry to hear about you losing your other baby :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh congrats on getting your new pups, so excited for you. Just remember that they are still babies and will want to chew everything, and will take some time, several months in fact to become potty trained. Just be patient with him and he will be grown before you know it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN Jill!!! First, so sorry to hear bout your pug. Losing our best friends is never an easy road. You're gonna love it here! Just just right on in enjoy! There's a lot of wonderful articles too that are quite informative. You can find them in the tab above that says "Articles". Will be looking forward to seeing you new baby when you get him/her. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:). Hi Jill! How exciting! It was like 20 years since we had a pup when we got Jake. I was nervous! Lol..but so excited. There's so much great info here to get you ready and after a couple weeks, it will feel like your new pup has been there forever! So happy you found us..Welcome to our family!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am so happy for you, Jill, and so sorry for the loss of your pug. You'll find that a bulldog fills the hole in your heart to overflowing! :angelheart:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome we all look forward to your interaction in the forum and pics of your pup when it comes home

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN..... sorry for the lose of you baby Pug, may he rest in peace.

look forward to pictures of you new puppy once he arrives.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Looking forward to seeing lots of pics you get your new baby!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Welcome Jill, glad to see you here, and congrats on your choice of a new addition to your family, I can't think of a better place on the web to be to find better more quality information on such a loving companion….

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thank you everyone!!! such warm welcome :blush2:

We are very excited for the little guy to come home. And i'm going to enjoy every moment of his puppyhood, 'coz i know its just a fleeting moment. I will post pictures soon as i can.

I just recieved new pictures of him! i sooo want to share it here but i have to ask the breeder's permission first and she hasn't given me the green light yet.

Question: i read that i shouldn't allow the pup to have the free roam of the house when he first comes home because it will be too overwhelming for him on his first few days in a stranger's house. And that's also to teach him boundaries and limitations. my question is how do i play with him then? do i play with him inside the enclosed area of the livingroom or do i just put him back in his enclosed space after playing?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much again!

Jill

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome Jill looking forward to those pictures!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online