Hi! My name is Jennifer

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Hello! My name is Jennifer. I am so glad I stumbled across the Facebook page and here. I grew up with English Bulldogs. My ex husband and I had a bulldog many years ago. He died at age 2 from Valley Fever in California. We were from Arkansas. I wanted my children to have a comparable awesome experience as I had growing up. So my husband and I have been looking for a bulldog to rescue. I found one on Facebook that was being sold because they didn't have time for him. Well, that was a lie. I met them to check him out and possibly buy him for a rehoming fee. He was in such bad shape that I could not leave him. They had completely neglected him. He has yeast infections in both ears. He has bacteria and fungus in several spots all over his body including over half his face. He is allergic to the food they were feeding him as well. I got him Saturday, May 25. I was off work today so I took him the vet. He got ear drops and three oral meds. And I am transitioning his food from Pedigree to Blue Buffalo Basic that is grain and chicken free. So hopefully he is on the road to mending.
IMG_1368[1].jpg

SarahD

May 13, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Oh my goodness, your guy's poor face! He was lucky the day you found each other--and I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of him when, with the great care you will be giving, he's back to his handsome self!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya:Jennifer! So very great to meet you and that most special Seven! I'm thinking his birthday should be forever celebrated on May 25th! You most certainly saved his life. He has a lot of healing to do, but his heart will be so happy. I'm glad you found us and Welcome to our family! :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm thinking right now of Eric Clapton's Pilgrim album and one of the songs
has a line that goes, "I keep a shotgun behind my front door', would so LOVE
to unload some buckshot into their hinnies.
:cursing:

Bless you for taking him into your home, Seven will have such love for y'all.

They KNOW when they're rescued...GOD bless and WELCOME here!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome. God bless you for rescuing Seven. With your love and care he will soon be healed and know that he was rescued and loved, you'll get so much love in return. He's a lucky guy you found him. Looking forward to stories and pics of your new baby. Congratulations.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Bless you for saving Seven and I look forward to seeing him blossom and become the healthy handsome boy that is hiding under the consequences of all that neglect.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Omg he is so blessed to have you take him and save him! Are you still in California? If so, welcome from another Cali girl. :) Sounds like he is going to need some special care, hope you have a good bully vet to help with his issues.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome and thank you for rescuing Seven...he's so very fortunate to have you!!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:welcome: Poor neglected baby! He is so lucky you came into his life! God bless you for taking him home and saving him from his horrible little life.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG...that sweet baby! THANK YOU for saving him! ot yo worry buddy, you are on the road to a whole new loving life!

:welcome3: Jennifer!

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
My family and I are in Arkansas. Just over a day of having his meds, he is wagging his tail and has more energy. He is doing good taking his medicine. We have all natural peanut butter and I am giving it to him in that. He follows me all over the house. He has started requesting love from everyone else as well. I was the one that picked him up so I guess he felt attached to me. I am doing 1 cup Pedigree and 1 cup Blue Basics mixed. He is eating better since I started mixing in the Blue. I will start phasing it out soon. I seriously just cannot begin to fathom how those people allowed such a gorgeous baby to get to this condition. The vet was appalled at how they did him. He said if we can start getting his skin clear, he will start feeling better overall. And he will put weight back on. He is down around 10 pounds from what I think he should weigh.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
My family and I are in Arkansas. Just over a day of having his meds, he is wagging his tail and has more energy. He is doing good taking his medicine. We have all natural peanut butter and I am giving it to him in that. He follows me all over the house. He has started requesting love from everyone else as well. I was the one that picked him up so I guess he felt attached to me. I am doing 1 cup Pedigree and 1 cup Blue Basics mixed. He is eating better since I started mixing in the Blue. I will start phasing it out soon. I seriously just cannot begin to fathom how those people allowed such a gorgeous baby to get to this condition. The vet was appalled at how they did him. He said if we can start getting his skin clear, he will start feeling better overall. And he will put weight back on. He is down around 10 pounds from what I think he should weigh.
Wow Jennifer, Your my new Hero..... How lucky was it that that young man found you, and you him, with your experience and all, Speaks volumes for fate..... Welcome to EBN, hope to see you become a permanent resident here, for you and your young man, what an awesome story. I feed Rocky Blue Buffalo, Basics also, and he does well on it, although he's a picky eater, I've thought about stepping up for him, but i'm unsure yet. I can't imagine walking in meeting a new Bully with the yeast infections all over his face, ears, and body, and the previous owners telling me they didn't have time for him, I'd be like Really?? do you have kids, because you probably don't have time for them either, are they this neglected as well?? I find it repulsive that anyone could possibly do this to an animal, who offers so much love and affection, well you know all about bullies growing up with them, Thinking you and your family are in for a remarkable experience, I know Rocky has certainly changed my life..... looking foreward to seeing you around, and many pictures of the young man in much better health !!! Your Awesome Jennifer, don't let anyone say differently !!

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Thanks. They had two kids. One that was three or so and one that was 2 months old. Well, I have four kids and we have time for him. My kids are 12, 10, 7 and almost 5. Three of them play softball or baseball. One plays football. My husband works two full time jobs. I work 12 hour shifts. Even with all that we have going on, we STILL have time for him. He has been here only a week. But in that week, he is deep in each of our hearts. Those people did not seem sad to see him go. The first night he was here, he licked my face. He seemed so pleased to be here. With each dose of his medicine, I hope he feels better and gets stronger. Even after that vet bill, I do not regret my decision in that parking lot of bringing this sweet baby home.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.