New member!

ruerrn

May 31, 2013
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
bella is 1, appollonia is 8 weeks
Thankyou for accepting me! My Name is Renee, I have 2 english bulldogs, Bella turned 1 April 1st and appollonia aka Apple is 8 weeks old:yes: I joined the site hoping to learn more about caring for my bullies! One topic I am most interested in is what everyone is feeding their bullies. I am very lucky to have a wonderful Breeder that I can call anytime but it does help talking to others with bullies as the first thing I have noticed is they are not easy to train! So any tips would be helpful! Also, it sure is fun to see everyone's pictures:) Thankyou so much and I look forward to meeting all! 321484_252089174924172_414074514_n.jpg431170_312119362254486_1723208568_n.jpg

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Welcome! You have beautiful bullies. Many of the folks use Fromm for their bullies; I usually homecook for mine and use Blue Buffalo as a backup. I am not an expert on bullies and have learned most of what I know about the breed on this forum. Just wanted to say welcome and good luck!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN Renee!! Your babies are adorable! It is impossible for anyone to tell you what to feed as all bullies and their allergies are different. As someone said tho, many here have found success with Fromm. It is however a trial and error to find the right food for your gang. Thanx for signing up and there is a lot of food discussions on the site. We have a Food Rating article you will prolly want to look at. Start a thread if you like and we will get our food guru on it for you.... Have fun!! ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome! As for food, I like Fromm but the are many great brands. We have a food ratings page on the homepage you might wanna check out. I am sure you can find many discussions on it as well using the search feature up top. ;) don't be shy, any questions you have- just ask. :)

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
:welcome3: to EBN! I am of no help on the food topic as we are still trying to "fine tune" that ourselves. I just wanted to tell you that Bella & Apple are cuties :heartsign:

OP
R

ruerrn

May 31, 2013
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
bella is 1, appollonia is 8 weeks
Thanks all for the suggestions, we were feeding Bella homecooked venison, vegis, barley and using royal canine as backup but with the addition of the new puppy I cant keep them out of each others bowl so I quit the homemade until apple's digestive tract is more mature. My breeder uses purina blue bag for growth on hers and I did buy that for apple until I decide what I want to consistenly feed them. Bella just will not leave the puppy food alone so whatever for now I think she is jealous! Right now I have been concentrating on potty training and manners for them both. We went with kong toys and nylabones to chew. So grateful for my breeder, she will answer any question anytime so that helps. Bella's breeder was running a puppy mill and when I figured it out she wouldn't speak to us again so even though we paid a considerable sum for her we consider her a rescue of sorts. Iam so grateful to have her. I have myasthenia gravis and she really comforts me when I don't feel well. Love them both to pieces!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Welcome Renee, Bella, & appollonia (apple) Glad you found this site, it's loaded with information, help articles, etc… read until your hearts content, I know I have, and still do a lot of research, benefiting from the other members experience. I have my Rocky on Blue Buffalo sensitive formula, grain free, and this was a switch from junk food, (Pedigree) Rocky's a finicky eater, and eats the blue buffalo, however would rather something, rather anything else, His next move will be to Fromms. You have a very nice looking pack of friends your hanging out with, you'll like the idea that English Bulldogs are our no# 1 fans here. We truly love our pets, and are always striving to do better for them……

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Renee and :welcome3: to EBN.... what sweeties you have there! Food is one of the biggest challenges with our sensitive bully babies... it is trail an error.

I finally got a great food for my girl, Fromm Pork and Peas. She was on raw for a while, but she developed colitis so I had to put her back on kibble to keep it under control.

Good luck and glad you found us

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: to EBN .... if you can get the food right you are over half way there!! I too am a Fromm feeder ... the 4* range, but they do an excellent puppy food too (pink bag). I also home cook for my gang ... usually I give them half fromm and half home cooked at each meal.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: We are juggling two different foods now with HRH and getting Amy a month ago. We feed Fromm Beef Frittata to HRH and got the Fromm puppy in the pink bag for Amy.

HRH has also tried to scarf down Amy's food any chance she gets and then she has had some runny poo because of it. I'm sure it is just too rich for a 6 1/2 year old. So we have taken to putting Amy in her crate to eat, then anything she doesn't finish gets put up out of HRH's reach.

Of course Amy likes to eat HRH's food too. And HRH always leaves a few kibbles in her bowl, but we don't think that is going to harm her much.

We are looking forward to the day they can both be on the same food. But that won't happen for a few more months. And then only if they both tolerate the same things.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome here to EBN. You will like it here, bunches of information and bunches of folks that are bulldog fanatics.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: so glad you found us, the site is huge with so much info and so addicting.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:smileywelcome: Your babies are beautiful! We feed Life's Abundance, but know it isn't for every dog. Mabel has done great on the food. Fromm's would be my second choice.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello and :welcome: to ebn. right now sarah is on nutrisource chicken and rice with some homecooked due to her allergies but alot here feed fromm. your babies are wonderful :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.