Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and looking to learn

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daphne
    Likes (Received)

Red face New and looking to learn

Hello EBD Lovers! My name is Evelyn and myself and my family are fostering an EBD named Daphne. This is our second dog, but first of the this breed. We have almost had her for 3 weeks. We are hoping to be able to adopt her- we rescued her from the humane league (through a rescue group) and she needs to learn a lot of manners. She is approx. 1- 2 years old- she has demodex mange (bad and all over), she is lymes positive, is not house trained (I am up late as I am washing couch cushions- seriously my head was turned for a minute and Daphne strikes), and does not really know many commands. However- she is amazing with the 2 young children, does not seem aggressive at all, stays in the yard, follows us everywhere, and she really deserves a good life. Some days I wonder what did I get us into, but I know with a lot of patience and love she will be amazing. WE do not know much about her history and she does not get along with other dogs. We are in the process of picking the food for her (ahhh), treating the medical stuff, and helping her to become the best dog she can be. I am looking forward to learning from all on this site; I already have!! Wish me luck with the crate training- she has made a lot of progress, but she is a funny one- we think she may have been in a crate a lot or trained to use puppy pads- maybe both. Hope to get a pic up soon. thanks

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New and looking to learn

Awwwwww! Evelyn! I am so happy you found us..and thrilled you took a chance with Daphne. There is so much love and experience here..it will be a challenge, but before you know it..Daphne will be as perfect as her new life! Crate training is the way to go...just yell out if you need anything at all!

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Evelyn and Daphne, Thank you for fostering such a wonderful pet. They are so gentle with children, and their owners as well, my Rocky is 14 months old, and I think he worked for the circus in his previous life as a clown. He's very sociable with all humans and other pets alike, and his only fear in life is me getting out of his sight. I think your making an excellent choice in adopting Daphne, What an amazing Pet EBD are. Although a bit stubborn at times, they come loaded with character, unlike any other pet you've ever owned, I do think at least in my life, once your owned by an EBD you'll never go back to another type of pet. Your in a wonderful place for learning, and even though most of my experience is with cocker spaniels, I still relate a lot to the EBD, but i'm learning a significant amount here every day, to be a better parent to Rocky. enjoy your stay and even more enjoy Daphne…..

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to our crazy but wonderful group!

Thank you for opening your home & heart to fostering and possible adoption.

I've had two EBs and they are my first ones too and both were adopted by me.

You'll be amazed at the difference in Daphne and her behavior once she knows
    she's safe, she trusts you and she opens her heart to you...it will humble you.

With my 1st, Brutus, it took about 2-3 months (he'd been abused) and once it
    happened...WOW! He'd settled right in w/us right away and was loving and
    very obedient, I had no idea how much Brutus really had to give and wanted
    to give, amazing considering the lives some had before coming into a real home
    w/love & care & fun to give them.

All your efforts & hard, trying times will be repaid 1000 fold if you can hang in
    there with her. It's a change that happens so quickly once she trusts...bulldogs
    don't know HOW to hold back, they just give ALL they have to give...and it's MORE
    than you'll be prepared for...n a good way!

So happy for you, Evelyn, let us help and encourage you thru the trying, frustrating
    times then exult and rejoice when you triumph! Keeping y'all in prayer, GOD bless!!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN ........ With the experienced advice available on this site most any problem will find a solution. Ask away... that is why we are here. Thanx for signing up

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

welcome ....there is so much info you'll be glad you joined , if you have questions about something and can't find an answer...just ask, there are so many helpful people here !
    Last edited by FORDE'SMOM; 05-30-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You have a heart of gold to foster her with her issues. I hope you are able to adopt her.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN!!! You have found the perfect site for humans owned by bulldogs. There are wonderful people on this forum that are so knowledgeable and one of them can answer any question you may have. Thank you for giving a bully a home and love. There are so many that are abandoned due to health issues. They do have their health issues but this site will help you eliminate most of them. Jump right in and ask questions if you have any. We love pictures!!
    Zeus 2013

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for being a foster family --- that is so wonderful! I wish you the best of lcuk with her and hope we here at EBN will be able to help you throught the rough patches !

to EBN!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your girl when you can get them posted. Sounds like your on your way to making her a happy healthy girl.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Welcome you have found the best place available for those with bulldogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads