New and looking to learn

Mom2Daphne

May 29, 2013
PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Daphne
Hello EBD Lovers! My name is Evelyn and myself and my family are fostering an EBD named Daphne. This is our second dog, but first of the this breed. We have almost had her for 3 weeks. We are hoping to be able to adopt her- we rescued her from the humane league (through a rescue group) and she needs to learn a lot of manners. She is approx. 1- 2 years old- she has demodex mange (bad and all over), she is lymes positive, is not house trained (I am up late as I am washing couch cushions- seriously my head was turned for a minute and Daphne strikes), and does not really know many commands. However- she is amazing with the 2 young children, does not seem aggressive at all, stays in the yard, follows us everywhere, and she really deserves a good life. Some days I wonder what did I get us into, but I know with a lot of patience and love she will be amazing. WE do not know much about her history and she does not get along with other dogs. We are in the process of picking the food for her (ahhh), treating the medical stuff, and helping her to become the best dog she can be. I am looking forward to learning from all on this site; I already have!! Wish me luck with the crate training- she has made a lot of progress, but she is a funny one- we think she may have been in a crate a lot or trained to use puppy pads- maybe both. Hope to get a pic up soon. thanks

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwwwww! Evelyn! I am so happy you found us..and thrilled you took a chance with Daphne. There is so much love and experience here..it will be a challenge, but before you know it..Daphne will be as perfect as her new life! Crate training is the way to go...just yell out if you need anything at all! :)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Welcome Evelyn and Daphne, Thank you for fostering such a wonderful pet. They are so gentle with children, and their owners as well, my Rocky is 14 months old, and I think he worked for the circus in his previous life as a clown. He's very sociable with all humans and other pets alike, and his only fear in life is me getting out of his sight. I think your making an excellent choice in adopting Daphne, What an amazing Pet EBD are. Although a bit stubborn at times, they come loaded with character, unlike any other pet you've ever owned, I do think at least in my life, once your owned by an EBD you'll never go back to another type of pet. Your in a wonderful place for learning, and even though most of my experience is with cocker spaniels, I still relate a lot to the EBD, but i'm learning a significant amount here every day, to be a better parent to Rocky. enjoy your stay and even more enjoy Daphne…..

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
:droolers::droolers: Welcome to our crazy but wonderful group!

Thank you for opening your home & heart to fostering and possible adoption.

I've had two EBs and they are my first ones too and both were adopted by me.

You'll be amazed at the difference in Daphne and her behavior once she knows
she's safe, she trusts you and she opens her heart to you...it will humble you.

With my 1st, Brutus, it took about 2-3 months (he'd been abused) and once it
happened...WOW! He'd settled right in w/us right away and was loving and
very obedient, I had no idea how much Brutus really had to give and wanted
to give, amazing considering the lives some had before coming into a real home
w/love & care & fun to give them.

All your efforts & hard, trying times will be repaid 1000 fold if you can hang in
there with her. It's a change that happens so quickly once she trusts...bulldogs
don't know HOW to hold back, they just give ALL they have to give...and it's MORE
than you'll be prepared for...n a good way!

So happy for you, Evelyn, let us help and encourage you thru the trying, frustrating
times then exult and rejoice when you triumph! Keeping y'all in prayer, GOD bless!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN ........ With the experienced advice available on this site most any problem will find a solution. Ask away... that is why we are here. Thanx for signing up

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome :) ....there is so much info you'll be glad you joined , if you have questions about something and can't find an answer...just ask, there are so many helpful people here !

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You have a heart of gold to foster her with her issues. I hope you are able to adopt her. :welcome:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Welcome to EBN!!! You have found the perfect site for humans owned by bulldogs. There are wonderful people on this forum that are so knowledgeable and one of them can answer any question you may have. Thank you for giving a bully a home and love. There are so many that are abandoned due to health issues. They do have their health issues but this site will help you eliminate most of them. Jump right in and ask questions if you have any. We love pictures!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for being a foster family --- that is so wonderful! I wish you the best of lcuk with her and hope we here at EBN will be able to help you throught the rough patches !

:welcome3: to EBN!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Looking forward to seeing some pics of your girl when you can get them posted. Sounds like your on your way to making her a happy healthy girl.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:welcome: This is a great place to learn about this breed. I have learned so much since joining and consider these wonderful people friends. Daphne is so lucky to have found you!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your new baby, and god bless you for adopting Daphne and giving her a chance with a loving family home. With love, patience, and some TLC, she will become the most awesome member of your family. These bullies have a way of leaving their paw prints on our hearts, and they are wonderful family dogs, with lots of love, affection, and personality.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.