Thread: Hello from Brutus! (and his mom)

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Red face Hello from Brutus! (and his mom)

Hello!
    My name is Krista and I just recently (Wednesday) rescued a bulldog named Brutus, it was love at first site for my fiancee and I.

Brutus is a 2 years old and has had a rough life until now. About a month ago he was rescued by a police officer. Brutus had been kept outside his entire life until that point, in hot hot South Texas heat. He was covered in fleas and ticks and the officer told me that he doesn't think Brutus had ever been pet before. I also believe he was physically abused, as he shows signs of it.
    His new home with the officer was shared with a pug, Brutus and the pug would get along fine, until the kids were around and then the pug would attack Brutus for no reason, which is how he ended up with my family. We had recently been searching for an English Bulldog and his posting came up, we went to meet him that evening and he was asleep in our bed that night.

Living with Brutus doesn't come easy, as we have already had our fair share of issues. But we are taking baby steps and using positive reinforcement to let him know that we love him and he's in a safe place now.

Brutus has the most adorable under-bite and I love putting treats in it and watching him throw them up in the air in order to get them to the back of his mouth.

Let's see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.
    -sleepy-brutus-jpg -screen-shot-2013-05-25-6-12-10-pm-jpg

I'm so excited that I found this forum and look forward to learning all kinds of things to give Brutus the amazing life he deserves.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello from Brutus! (and his mom)

First off, thank u for adopting Brutus ! Hearing about his former life makes me sad but now that he's found a new home and a loving family....I'm so happy for all of you!

Welcome to EBN !!!

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kristaxvx View Post
    Hello!
    My name is Krista and I just recently (Wednesday) rescued a bulldog named Brutus, it was love at first site for my fiancee and I.

Brutus is a 2 years old and has had a rough life until now. About a month ago he was rescued by a police officer. Brutus had been kept outside his entire life until that point, in hot hot South Texas heat. He was covered in fleas and ticks and the officer told me that he doesn't think Brutus had ever been pet before. I also believe he was physically abused, as he shows signs of it.
    His new home with the officer was shared with a pug, Brutus and the pug would get along fine, until the kids were around and then the pug would attack Brutus for no reason, which is how he ended up with my family. We had recently been searching for an English Bulldog and his posting came up, we went to meet him that evening and he was asleep in our bed that night.

Living with Brutus doesn't come easy, as we have already had our fair share of issues. But we are taking baby steps and using positive reinforcement to let him know that we love him and he's in a safe place now.

Brutus has the most adorable under-bite and I love putting treats in it and watching him throw them up in the air in order to get them to the back of his mouth.

Let's see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.
    -sleepy-brutus-jpg -screen-shot-2013-05-25-6-12-10-pm-jpg

I'm so excited that I found this forum and look forward to learning all kinds of things to give Brutus the amazing life he deserves.
    Krista, lol, I hate to say this, But your life has completely just changed. Brutus is now a member of your family, just as I was discussing with some others a while ago, I've always been so clean, shoes shined, no hair on my clothes, just well dressed everything, until Rocky came along, now I'm covered in slobber, my shoes have paw prints on them, clothes have hair all over them, Lmbo, house is well broke in, he's chewed up electric cords to my laptop because my lap top got my attention instead of him, he chewed up my wild turkey caller one morning, hell of a noise, I took it, he came back with a flashlight, one morning he was tied up and bound with at least 100 yards of thread, every day is an experience, and even though he's a year old, he's nothing but a toddler, (Dennis the Menace) and I wouldn't trade him for anything, Brutus will be the same way, He needs love and attention, Jeannie sent you a great visual a while ago of actions that are pet communications, absolutely excellent visual, Brutus will be just fine, once he settles in in his forever home, finds he will be loved not abused, and gets back to basics of what he learned and forgot or what he never learned like potty training etc, house breaking, Time heals all things, Brutus being two years old, has plenty of time to access your love and reciprocate the same. Thank you so much for rescuing this angel, I'm sure Brutus has no idea of what he did to be abused, left outside, and whatever is causing him to cower.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello and to EBN..... Love your boy he is a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRod View Post
    Krista, lol, I hate to say this, But your life has completely just changed. Brutus is now a member of your family, just as I was discussing with some others a while ago, I've always been so clean, shoes shined, no hair on my clothes, just well dressed everything, until Rocky came along, now I'm covered in slobber, my shoes have paw prints on them, clothes have hair all over them, Lmbo, house is well broke in, he's chewed up electric cords to my laptop because my lap top got my attention instead of him...

Hahaha. Well he has 3 cat siblings who I bottle fed as kittens and have no boundaries, so I'm use to everything having fur! As for your Rocky chewing your laptop cord, yesterday I was on the couch reading a book on my ipad and Brutus tried chewing on the corner...So I can only imagine the fun we will have!

I saw the visual and am so glad that I have it!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

You can win big Brutus over with your affection and the positive reinforcements. Ya'll will be able to work out the kinks. Three bows to you for providing Brutus with a loving home which he has never experienced. He will repay a hundred fold. Just have patience and when you are at wits end and want to pull your hair out just come to this forum and you will be provided with your own positive reinforcement and good advice and will be enabled to persevere. In the 70's I had an AmStaff whose name was Brutus. A beautiful and wonderful dog. Glad your here and thankful for Brutus' new home

Real Name
    nancy l
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    abigail & jackson
    Likes (Received)

Welcome brutus is soo cute!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Brutus looks super. Sounds like he is well on the way to the healthy, happy and pampered life that he deserves.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome! I am so happy Brutus found you! I am looking forward to hearing more about him.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Remove Ads