kristaxvx

May 25, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Hello!
My name is Krista and I just recently (Wednesday) rescued a bulldog named Brutus, it was love at first site for my fiancee and I.

Brutus is a 2 years old and has had a rough life until now. About a month ago he was rescued by a police officer. Brutus had been kept outside his entire life until that point, in hot hot South Texas heat. He was covered in fleas and ticks and the officer told me that he doesn't think Brutus had ever been pet before. I also believe he was physically abused, as he shows signs of it.
His new home with the officer was shared with a pug, Brutus and the pug would get along fine, until the kids were around and then the pug would attack Brutus for no reason, which is how he ended up with my family. We had recently been searching for an English Bulldog and his posting came up, we went to meet him that evening and he was asleep in our bed that night.

Living with Brutus doesn't come easy, as we have already had our fair share of issues. But we are taking baby steps and using positive reinforcement to let him know that we love him and he's in a safe place now.

Brutus has the most adorable under-bite and I love putting treats in it and watching him throw them up in the air in order to get them to the back of his mouth. :D

Let's see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.
sleepy brutus.jpg Screen shot 2013-05-25 at 6.12.10 PM.jpg

I'm so excited that I found this forum and look forward to learning all kinds of things to give Brutus the amazing life he deserves.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
First off, thank u for adopting Brutus ! Hearing about his former life makes me sad but now that he's found a new home and a loving family....I'm so happy for all of you!

Welcome to EBN !!!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hello!
My name is Krista and I just recently (Wednesday) rescued a bulldog named Brutus, it was love at first site for my fiancee and I.

Brutus is a 2 years old and has had a rough life until now. About a month ago he was rescued by a police officer. Brutus had been kept outside his entire life until that point, in hot hot South Texas heat. He was covered in fleas and ticks and the officer told me that he doesn't think Brutus had ever been pet before. I also believe he was physically abused, as he shows signs of it.
His new home with the officer was shared with a pug, Brutus and the pug would get along fine, until the kids were around and then the pug would attack Brutus for no reason, which is how he ended up with my family. We had recently been searching for an English Bulldog and his posting came up, we went to meet him that evening and he was asleep in our bed that night.

Living with Brutus doesn't come easy, as we have already had our fair share of issues. But we are taking baby steps and using positive reinforcement to let him know that we love him and he's in a safe place now.

Brutus has the most adorable under-bite and I love putting treats in it and watching him throw them up in the air in order to get them to the back of his mouth. :D

Let's see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.
View attachment 44452 View attachment 44451

I'm so excited that I found this forum and look forward to learning all kinds of things to give Brutus the amazing life he deserves.

Krista, lol, I hate to say this, But your life has completely just changed. Brutus is now a member of your family, just as I was discussing with some others a while ago, I've always been so clean, shoes shined, no hair on my clothes, just well dressed everything, until Rocky came along, now I'm covered in slobber, my shoes have paw prints on them, clothes have hair all over them, Lmbo, house is well broke in, he's chewed up electric cords to my laptop because my lap top got my attention instead of him, he chewed up my wild turkey caller one morning, hell of a noise, I took it, he came back with a flashlight, one morning he was tied up and bound with at least 100 yards of thread, every day is an experience, and even though he's a year old, he's nothing but a toddler, (Dennis the Menace) and I wouldn't trade him for anything, Brutus will be the same way, He needs love and attention, Jeannie sent you a great visual a while ago of actions that are pet communications, absolutely excellent visual, Brutus will be just fine, once he settles in in his forever home, finds he will be loved not abused, and gets back to basics of what he learned and forgot or what he never learned like potty training etc, house breaking, Time heals all things, Brutus being two years old, has plenty of time to access your love and reciprocate the same. Thank you so much for rescuing this angel, I'm sure Brutus has no idea of what he did to be abused, left outside, and whatever is causing him to cower.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN..... Love your boy he is a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
kristaxvx

kristaxvx

May 25, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Krista, lol, I hate to say this, But your life has completely just changed. Brutus is now a member of your family, just as I was discussing with some others a while ago, I've always been so clean, shoes shined, no hair on my clothes, just well dressed everything, until Rocky came along, now I'm covered in slobber, my shoes have paw prints on them, clothes have hair all over them, Lmbo, house is well broke in, he's chewed up electric cords to my laptop because my lap top got my attention instead of him...

Hahaha. Well he has 3 cat siblings who I bottle fed as kittens and have no boundaries, so I'm use to everything having fur! As for your Rocky chewing your laptop cord, yesterday I was on the couch reading a book on my ipad and Brutus tried chewing on the corner...So I can only imagine the fun we will have!

I saw the visual and am so glad that I have it! :)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
You can win big Brutus over with your affection and the positive reinforcements. Ya'll will be able to work out the kinks. Three bows to you for providing Brutus with a loving home which he has never experienced. He will repay a hundred fold. Just have patience and when you are at wits end and want to pull your hair out just come to this forum and you will be provided with your own positive reinforcement and good advice and will be enabled to persevere. In the 70's I had an AmStaff whose name was Brutus. A beautiful and wonderful dog. Glad your here and thankful for Brutus' new home

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Brutus looks super. Sounds like he is well on the way to the healthy, happy and pampered life that he deserves. :clap2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online