Real Name
    Bryan & Jezenia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy Concern Owner

Hello My name is Jezenia. Me and my husband had recently joined a new member, Princess, female English Bulldog to our family of 5. We just recently got her back in January of 2013 from her first owner who claim they couldn't no longer keep her due to the fact they had to move to a new home which did not allow pets. Princess appeared to be an outside dog because she had rough paws and a belly full of rash that took most of hair off. We immediately updated her vaccine to her to a Vet for a physical and brought her home. Recently a a month ago Princess began to vomit frequently until one day I noticed spots of blood in her vomit. I began to be alarmed because I never seen such thing so I monitor her for the day. When she pooped outside out of curiosity I noticed it was diarrhea with mostly blood as well. Although I was worry I didn't take her to the Vet because I figure it was only one time she vomit and diarrhea, but I did contact a friend of a friend who is a Vet and explained my worries. I was advised to not feed her food or water for 12 hours that its just Gastritis. I did as told and next day later she was little back to normal and had stop the vomiting and diarrhea with blood. A month past until Now like today she hasn't really touch her food and has been vomiting a foamy, slimy, with blood spots vomit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Princess Vomit.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	43831
    Also her eyes seem to be irritated and a little discharge has been coming out her eyes. I'am definitely taking her tomorrow to the Vet, but I was just surfing the web until I came across the site and was interested to see if anyone has experience this problem.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

I think she is coughing, not throwing up.
    It's a good sign that the blood is not dried up, maybe she has been coughing so hard she broke some blood vessels.

Even if it starts as allergies it can turn into pneumonia real quick, so it's a good thing you are taking her in tomm.
    Just my opinion, from my experience.

Good luck, I hope she is ok!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

If I were you, for tonight keep her inside & monitor her for worsening of that cough, or labored breathing, or pale or dark gum color.

Try to place her in a moist environment (such as a small bathroom with a hot shower running for 10 minutes, or use a vaporizer or humidifier)

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Concern Owner

Aww poor sweetie. Hope she is feeling better soon. It's a good thing you're taking her to the vet, just to be safe. You should probably take a stool sample with you sotheyncan check it for any possible parasites as well. Good luck I hope they find the cause. Pls keep us posted.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I am of no help but I def agree with going in to the vet. Blood in throw up makes me anxious. I would feed bland diet of chicken and rice or ground beef and rice to settle her tummy some. Canalso give 1 tbsp.canned PURE pumpkin (not pie filling) to help firm up her welcome to the site!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like this bully should be under close vet care.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello and welcome to the site.... I would be at the vet ER and not waiting for an appointment, blood in her vomit is a definite worry.

please keep us posted on your vet visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Agreed, I would get her to the vet. I sure hope she is okay

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Please update us with what the vet says when you take her in.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EscoBoss View Post
    Hello My name is Jezenia. Me and my husband had recently joined a new member, Princess, female English Bulldog to our family of 5. We just recently got her back in January of 2013 from her first owner who claim they couldn't no longer keep her due to the fact they had to move to a new home which did not allow pets. Princess appeared to be an outside dog because she had rough paws and a belly full of rash that took most of hair off. We immediately updated her vaccine to her to a Vet for a physical and brought her home. Recently a a month ago Princess began to vomit frequently until one day I noticed spots of blood in her vomit. I began to be alarmed because I never seen such thing so I monitor her for the day. When she pooped outside out of curiosity I noticed it was diarrhea with mostly blood as well. Although I was worry I didn't take her to the Vet because I figure it was only one time she vomit and diarrhea, but I did contact a friend of a friend who is a Vet and explained my worries. I was advised to not feed her food or water for 12 hours that its just Gastritis. I did as told and next day later she was little back to normal and had stop the vomiting and diarrhea with blood. A month past until Now like today she hasn't really touch her food and has been vomiting a foamy, slimy, with blood spots vomit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Princess Vomit.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	43831
    Also her eyes seem to be irritated and a little discharge has been coming out her eyes. I'am definitely taking her tomorrow to the Vet, but I was just surfing the web until I came across the site and was interested to see if anyone has experience this problem.

I'm so glad you found us, welcome and perhaps take a real close look at the poop, she may have a belly full of worms. Taking her to the vet soon soon soon is the best thing to do. Please keep us updated Jezenia
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

She definitely needs to go to the vet and hope you are keeping her inside as bullies are not outside dogs. Please keep us posted on her.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Please update us about what you,learn at the vet. Blood in vomit and poop is not good.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Remove Ads