Concern Owner

EscoBoss

May 19, 2013
Miami
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess
Hello My name is Jezenia. Me and my husband had recently joined a new member, Princess, female English Bulldog to our family of 5. We just recently got her back in January of 2013 from her first owner who claim they couldn't no longer keep her due to the fact they had to move to a new home which did not allow pets. Princess appeared to be an outside dog because she had rough paws and a belly full of rash that took most of hair off. We immediately updated her vaccine to her to a Vet for a physical and brought her home. Recently a a month ago Princess began to vomit frequently until one day I noticed spots of blood in her vomit. I began to be alarmed because I never seen such thing so I monitor her for the day. When she pooped outside out of curiosity I noticed it was diarrhea with mostly blood as well. Although I was worry I didn't take her to the Vet because I figure it was only one time she vomit and diarrhea, but I did contact a friend of a friend who is a Vet and explained my worries. I was advised to not feed her food or water for 12 hours that its just Gastritis. I did as told and next day later she was little back to normal and had stop the vomiting and diarrhea with blood. A month past until Now like today she hasn't really touch her food and has been vomiting a foamy, slimy, with blood spots vomit.

Princess Vomit.jpg
Also her eyes seem to be irritated and a little discharge has been coming out her eyes. I'am definitely taking her tomorrow to the Vet, but I was just surfing the web until I came across the site and was interested to see if anyone has experience this problem. :eek::*(:ashamed:

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I think she is coughing, not throwing up.
It's a good sign that the blood is not dried up, maybe she has been coughing so hard she broke some blood vessels.

Even if it starts as allergies it can turn into pneumonia real quick, so it's a good thing you are taking her in tomm.
Just my opinion, from my experience.

Good luck, I hope she is ok!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
If I were you, for tonight keep her inside & monitor her for worsening of that cough, or labored breathing, or pale or dark gum color.

Try to place her in a moist environment (such as a small bathroom with a hot shower running for 10 minutes, or use a vaporizer or humidifier)

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor sweetie. Hope she is feeling better soon. It's a good thing you're taking her to the vet, just to be safe. You should probably take a stool sample with you sotheyncan check it for any possible parasites as well. Good luck I hope they find the cause. Pls keep us posted.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am of no help but I def agree with going in to the vet. Blood in throw up makes me anxious. I would feed bland diet of chicken and rice or ground beef and rice to settle her tummy some. Canalso give 1 tbsp.canned PURE pumpkin (not pie filling) to help firm up her :poo: welcome to the site! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: Sounds like this bully should be under close vet care.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to the site.... I would be at the vet ER and not waiting for an appointment, blood in her vomit is a definite worry.

please keep us posted on your vet visit

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agreed, I would get her to the vet. I sure hope she is okay :hug:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Please update us with what the vet says when you take her in.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hello My name is Jezenia. Me and my husband had recently joined a new member, Princess, female English Bulldog to our family of 5. We just recently got her back in January of 2013 from her first owner who claim they couldn't no longer keep her due to the fact they had to move to a new home which did not allow pets. Princess appeared to be an outside dog because she had rough paws and a belly full of rash that took most of hair off. We immediately updated her vaccine to her to a Vet for a physical and brought her home. Recently a a month ago Princess began to vomit frequently until one day I noticed spots of blood in her vomit. I began to be alarmed because I never seen such thing so I monitor her for the day. When she pooped outside out of curiosity I noticed it was diarrhea with mostly blood as well. Although I was worry I didn't take her to the Vet because I figure it was only one time she vomit and diarrhea, but I did contact a friend of a friend who is a Vet and explained my worries. I was advised to not feed her food or water for 12 hours that its just Gastritis. I did as told and next day later she was little back to normal and had stop the vomiting and diarrhea with blood. A month past until Now like today she hasn't really touch her food and has been vomiting a foamy, slimy, with blood spots vomit.

View attachment 43831Also her eyes seem to be irritated and a little discharge has been coming out her eyes. I'am definitely taking her tomorrow to the Vet, but I was just surfing the web until I came across the site and was interested to see if anyone has experience this problem. :eek::*(:ashamed:

I'm so glad you found us, welcome and perhaps take a real close look at the poop, she may have a belly full of worms. Taking her to the vet soon soon soon is the best thing to do. Please keep us updated Jezenia

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She definitely needs to go to the vet and hope you are keeping her inside as bullies are not outside dogs. Please keep us posted on her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online