New to the Site... Long time Bully lover..

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hello everyone. I am new here after stumbling across the site and being amazed with the wealth of information and the kindness of the user base I have seen thus far in many posts. I do not currently own a bully but I am hopeful to be a proud papa of one soon after finally deciding on a breeder after a very long multi year search question/answer process. I have always loved the breed since I was a kid and especially during my time in the Marines where we had multiple mascots on base to love and play with but it is now time for me and the family to provide a loving home to one we can consider another child. :yes:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: Glad you found us and I am sure you will feel at home here. How exciting that you are closer to your Bully dream! Make sure and share the steps with us! We love all things :bully: :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, and glad you joined. Getting a pup is exciting, we can't wait for pics.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hello everyone. I am new here after stumbling across the site and being amazed with the wealth of information and the kindness of the user base I have seen thus far in many posts. I do not currently own a bully but I am hopeful to be a proud papa of one soon after finally deciding on a breeder after a very long multi year search question/answer process. I have always loved the breed since I was a kid and especially during my time in the Marines where we had multiple mascots on base to love and play with but it is now time for me and the family to provide a loving home to one we can consider another child. :yes:

I can't wait to hear about your interview process, questions you asked along with the answers your received in the long process of picking a breeder. I'm very interested in your whole process, and proud your a Bully Person, that your love, commitment and admiration intertwines with ours. Please when you get a chance, fill us in on the whole process Sir, can't wait to read and learn more. Pictures are a must after becoming a papa, and being the Marine Corps Mascot is a great accomplishment. Look foreword to reading much more from you, as I'm always eager to learn something new every day, new ideas, new way of thinking, or new way of looking at a particular situation. Thanks for joining, and look foreword to learning more in being a better father, inspiration for my crumb grabber, "Rocky"! and more than anything, Thank You for your service to Our great country Sir…

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Marine91...Welcome to EBN, so glad to have you join us!

Can't wait to see your new bully and love on it...pics please
:2thumbs:

​GOD bless you & yours for your service to our America...Thank you, Sir!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Welcome. Hope you find your baby soon. Looking forward to seeing pics!

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
:welcome: I recently joined EBN and the helpfulness of the members is amazing! I hope you find your puppy soon......can't wait to see pics :)

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
:welcome3: Welcome indeed!! I've also recently joined and found out so much information already! EBN is better than any book you can buy! Good luck with your search!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN and so glad you found us too. I stumbled across this place too a couple of years back and have been here ever since. I have learned so much about EBs. Wilson was my first, and then came Emma, and then Sally just last week. I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new bully when he/she arrives.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is refreshing to hear from a group of like minded people instead of a lot of the drudgery you see on Facebook and such. We were told through out the breeder search process by our friends and others that what we were looking for either didn't exist or was just too much to ask a breeder. To us we felt that any respectable breeder would be more than happy to answer our questions without issue and if they refused we just said thank you for your time and moved on. Below I have listed some of the questions we asked and the majority of them are general questions that most anyone would have asked similar to other breededs we have seen that have the potential buyer fill out an application before purchasing a puppy.

We would always start the conversations via email then progress to phone and finally to site visits for those that would allow us to come and that we could reasonably travel to.

1. How long have you been brxxxx or been involved with the Bully breed?

2. What are your goals? ---This one was able to tell us a lot as many breeders we found were obviously all about the Benjamin's and not the betterment/quality of the breed.

3. How often do you breed your females? Do you give them 6 months, a year or 2 years between litters or every time the female is in season? ----Many refused to answer this question and we just ceased all communications with them as we did not want to see a female turned in to a puppy factory.

4. How do you determine your breeding parings? ---Many answered that they use pedigree and past health information to help with deciding on parings but others just said they randomly pick and choose.

5. Can was see your facility? ----Majority said no and while we understand that theft after visiting the facility was the main concern for them it was a bigger concern for us in that we wanted to ensure that the Bullies were well taken care of and not locked in some cage 24 hours a day so if they said no we removed them from our list.

6. Back to pedigree for those that said we could visit their facilities. For the litter we are looking at can we see the original copies of both the male and female pedigrees and health records? ---- All obliged

7. References. Can you provide us with at least 5 references including recent and past puppies sold within the last 2 years that we can contact? --- Some provided the information right away others built a list after asking permission from previous buyers the remainder refused.

8. Who is your vet? Can we speak to them? ---All but a small handful were more than happy to give us this information.

9. Do you use vitamin supplements? If so what brand? ---- This one was a mix. So did and some didn't.

10. Do you feed your Bullies raw, home cooked or grain free/holistic kibble? --- again another mixed bag.

This is just the short list I have off the top of my head right now.

PS: I have a Bully tattoo above my USMC logo on my left bicep... lol

Last edited:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
That's some great questions, I like them a lot… I do understand they have concerns about theft, however I have concerns about puppy mills, Were even…. I would like to know how they pair the male and females….. draw names out of a sock or follow pedigree's etc as you did, References of course, and more than a year old, some problems are in upper age rather than new borns, lets face it, everyone is still in love with the breeders right after getting a pup, lets give that a chance to wear off through your experience and see what you think after they honeymoon period. I think thats some of the best short list questions I've seen yet…. Awesome research!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I hope you find your girl soon! Sometimes they take a while to find. Sometimes they practically just fall in your lap.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thank you. My wife asked a lot more that I did. I just don't remember them all. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be bringing one home soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN! Best of luck and so glad you found us

Thank you so much for your service to our country -- it is greatly appreciated.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.