Little Ramsay and I say Hello!

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Hey everyone! I've recently just put a deposit down on an adorable little english bulldog puppy - Ramsay! He's currently 7 weeks old, getting his first round of shots this week and possibly coming home to me on Saturday! This is my very first dog, so I'm super excited but also freaking out! This is a life in my hands!!

Any tips you guys have re: grooming, feeding, training, general bulldog information would be great! I know some of you aren't in favour of them, but I will be using puppy pads to train him... I live on the 17th floor of an apartment and a puppy pad on the patio just seems like the simplest way!

Anyways, I'm open to all discussion! Just wanted to say hi and introduce you to my little pup!

IMG_0200.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 130

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: What a cutie. His face markings are very similar to our little princess Amelia. So naturally I'm going to think he is extra adorable!

I think if I lived on the 17th floor I'd use the puppy pads on the patio too! I can't get Amy out the back door quick enough sometimes as it is here, and we live in a house.

Go to the home page here and there are articles on having a puppy and 35 things you need for your bully.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Beautiful pup.

I started Pickle on the pads but she just shredded them so I now use CareFRESH bedding (with odor control) in a boot tray and she took to that within a couple of weeks and is completely litterbox trained. I just scoop out the soiled spots instead of throwing away a whole pad. Just my way of many ways but they all work. You will quickly learn that EB are very smart and with food it speeds up the learning process.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Read read read... there is so much info here on EBN you could be reading for days.... Then ask what you dont find or understand... But mostly.... post lots of pics when you get your baby!!!! ;)

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Ramsay is sooooo cute! You're in for a wild ride, but one you wouldn't change for the world!! Spend the next week exploring all the different threads here- behavior, training, food, care etc. There is an excellent post on Bringing home your puppy! Good luck, and keep those pics coming!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your pup is too cute. There are several articles here and I would put the links up except I'm on my tablet. One is bringing home your puppy and the other is I am your puppy. Both are excellent reads. The pads are good except I have found the pups just want to play and shrewd them. There are several companies out there who make litter boxes for dogs, you can search the Internet for them and find one you like. Some even have fake grass in them, and I have heard they work pretty well. The main thing is just be patient with him as he is still a baby. You have come to the right place as there is plenty of help here and we support one another. Again welcome and enjoy.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Welcome and congratulations! Ramsay is adorable!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome and congratulations! Ramsay is adorable!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Welcome to you and to Ramsay (luv that name, btw). I used to live in a condo and used puppy pads for the majority of the potty training for their first year and a half. Good luck and congratulations!

:smileywelcome:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What an adorable bully baby!

best of luck with him and :welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

Most Reactions