Meatball the Bulldog Puppy

meatball123

May 8, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Hey English Bulldog News,
We are James and Amanda proud owners of Meatball. Meatball is our first English Bulldog and the first pet the two of us have had together. We see him as our child and spoil him rotten but he is def a momma's boy.
Really I think we joined more for support than anything. Last Friday our Meatball came down with aspiration pneumonia (side effect from his rabies shot he received a day earlier...poor little guy vomited in his sleep and it went into his lungs) and it's been pretty tough on us ever since.
While he does show signs of improvement he is still very much sick and I guess we are just looking for others or have experienced the same thing and any advice on how to get the best care yet not go broke at same time (our current bills are at about 2500).
But we look foward to joining in on some conversations or if anyone would like to know more about Meatball feel free to contact us.

James and Amanda

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Welcome and sorry to hear the poor baby had such a reaction to the shot. I hope all turns out well for Meatball. I'm sure someone that knows this issue will contact you soon - this site has very informed people.

Here's a link to the pet insurance chat http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ight=insurance hopefully this will help you guys decide on a plan for the future. I have Petplan but as you will read people use several different companies just find one that will works for you.

Oh, we require plenty of pictures of Meatball!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Welcome James and Amanda, Sorry to hear about Meatball, Lmbo @ Mama's little boy though…. I caught the "little guy" part, thinking he's probably less than 6 months old, what is his age?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I hope Meatball recovers soon. I have no experience on how to treat pneumonia, but soon others with more puppy experience will be along to help.
Hope to see some pics of the little guy soon too!

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
Welcome ! Bonosayshello.jpgpoor Meatball. Hopefully he will recover rapidly. It would be nice if you post some pics of him :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN ..... Hope meatball gets well soon. There are many knowledgeable people on this site to help where ever they can so please feel free to ask questions. You'll notice that the site is broken up into forum on specific topics. Placeing your questions within those forums will get you the most quickest response in most cases. Thanx for joining and I hope we will see lots of pictures... hint hint.. lol

OP
M

meatball123

May 8, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
IMG_2552.jpgsleeping.jpgIMG_2765.jpg The photos are about 2 months old but my girlfriend has about 1000 updated ones on her computer I will try to get on it or have her upload them.
And yeah he is 6 months old.
Slowly improving in health day by day thankfully as well.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:love: Meatball is so cute...errrr...Handsome! I'm sorry he's been so sick! I have heard of pneumonia because of the Bortadello nasal vaccine..I will tag [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]..maybe he has some ideas.

Im so glad you found us...

OP
M

meatball123

May 8, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
We are glad as well that we found this forum had no idea suck a forum existed and stumbled upon it by accident on twitter. When we set up a donation page and out of no where received 400 for his treatments from other bully owners we figured there would be such a place or communitý online that focused on bulldogs just took us a few days to find you guys lol.
I know my gf created a youtube page for him awhile back and she posted a few videos as soon as I find out from her the link ill post it :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and so glad you found us. Your baby is such a cutie too and hope he recovers very soon. You can put a link to a youtube video that you have taken of him playing or around the house, but not one for a fund raiser. That would have to be approved by @desertskybulldogs through a private message to her. We do not usually do them except for rescue bullies or a special needs case. I hope your sweet boy gets better soon and we are looking forward in seeing lots of pics of him.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Welcome but I am sorry to hear about your little guy! Pneumonia can be so serious in bullies...I hope he's better soon but I do not have any real experiences with it. I know we've had other members that had a similar issue so I'll try to search for them and tag them in this thread.

OP
M

meatball123

May 8, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] oh no we wernt trying to put his fundraiser site up just say that the response we got is what made us think there has to be an online community of bulldog owners someplace online.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online