jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Hello all! I'm Jessica and We just adopted a 16month old male EB this past sat! EB's have been a dream dog of mine forever, and Ollie just practically fell into our laps! I def will need lots of tips and advice. He's a pretty well trained dog, and has adjusted pretty well into our home already! In just a few short days I can already say I couldn't picture not having him into our family, also pretty sure our 5yr old son would say the same!

A few things I need help with-

What do you use to bathe your EB any special shampoo?

The previous owner said she uses baby wipes for his face wrinkle cleaning-any baby wipes or sensitive kind or doesn it not matter,?

What are some of the signs that he would have a food allergy? she told me like 3 foods that she has fed him and she said the last was just a simple purina Be Happy dog food from walmart, he gobbles it down but not sure this is the best for him, also how much do you feed your bully, she said one solo cup full 2times a day, well putting this in his bowel i feel like i'm starving him! He's around 75lbs so is this enough or would you think he needs more?

The lady we got him from is in trastion to moving cross country so i'm not sure if this is y i'm not getting many answers from her but have been trying to ask things i've just thought about and not getting much as a reply.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Jessica and :welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

Bath - Oatmeal shampoo is good and be sure to only bathe as needed since you do nt want to strip too much of the natural oil form the coat.

Wrinkles -- unscented baby wipes are a good choice... I use witch hazel on a cotton pad when they need a real good cleaning.

Allergies -- these babies can be allergic to a lot of stuff. Big ones are chicken, grains and environmental stuff just like us. Benerdyl up to 3x a day... 1mg per pound of bully

Food --- good lord... Purina :barf: What ever you decide to change him to, do a slow switch over 7 -10 dyas to avoid the :poo:. Here is a link to help with your research.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...d-Ratings&

BTW --- :pics:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Can't wait to see your big bully!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Wow! He sounds like a big one! [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] gave you some great tips. Ditto on the Purina. He probably acts like he's starving because of all the filler in the food. He will do better with food with more dense nutrients. The link she posted has some excellent choices. I can't wait to see pictures!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and looking forward in seeing pics of you new bully. You have some good advice above.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya:
So happy you found us and that Ollie landed in your lap! Usually they are sent to their forever homes by Bully angels...and I'm sure Ollie feels that way about you! You've gotten great advice ..especially to research and slowly transition him to a better food. You will have a healthier Bully for it. Jump right in and make yourself at home! :D

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN. Congrats on your new addition. I cannot imagine life without Arnold and Bertha even when they sleep on my head!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome, you already have some good advice here. This site if full of useful information, encouragement and advice when needed. As to the food I don't think, and a good many here agree that Purina is not that good a food. It definitely has something in it that dogs find tasty but its not that nutritious there are plenty better kibble out there. I know my Ace was on Canidae ALS when I got him from the breeder but he also wanted the purina pro plan that my wife had the maltese on so I let him have half and half and he developed allergies and tear staining. Long since got him off of that and the maltese as well and no more tear stains and skin is much better. I now feed them both Whole earth farms and Fromm.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] gave you good advice above. And she wasn't kidding about :pics:

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
I have a special shampoo the vet gave us for our bullies since they can have skin issues. It's a medicated shampoo that sits on the coat for about 4 minutes before rinsing.
I use baby wipes ultra sensitive but ordering the douxo Chlorhexdine online
Food.. I switched them over to Wellness ocean formula no by products and has no chicken or grains.

Congrats to you! I can't imagine life without my high maintenance boogers!

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma
Welcome! I've been using this site lately since I'm basically a newbie as well and have found very helpful information about on how to be a great bully parent... And very helpful people :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.