Hello Everyone

Dad to louie

Oct 26, 2010
Bluff Park AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Hello everyone,
My name is Brian I am from Birmingham Alabama. I am married with three skin-kids and two fur-kids. Our first fur kid is a Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian Mastiff). We just got our 2nd fur kid which is why i searched out this site.

He is a rescue bully that we have only had for 5 days but have just fallen in love with him. Our vet says he is probably about a year old. Sadly here in town there is a dog fighting ring that they are trying desperately to shut down. Well some dummy thought it would be a great idea to try and fight a bulldog. So they paid good money for a pup and then got angry because all the pup did was sleep and want to be petted. I overheard there conversation about a dog that they had and they didn't know what to do with it. I offered to take it and find it a home. I had no clue what kind of dog it was till they brought it to me that afternoon. I was shocked to see it was an English Bulldog. I was expecting a Pit Bull of some sort. SO I took it home and it only took a couple hours for this bulldog that my wife and I were set on finding a home elsewhere to find a home with us. I do not know what he went through at his previous home but he is just such a sweetheart. He had some forms of abuse but they did not harden him at all. The only thing we have noticed so far is when you go to pet him he will cower a little bit. But as soon as he realizes he is getting petted he flips over and begs for belly rubs. You can take anything from him and you can touch his food in his food bowl while he is eating and he is just as gentle as can be. He has not used the bathroom in the house. He adores the kids and will let them dress him in wonderful bows and ribbons. We cannot get them to understand he is a boy. He is just amazing. Sorry to ramble but we are just so proud of how well he has done coming from where he did. Its like he is doing everything he can to please us. SO now we want to do everything we can to make him happy and healthy. I found forums like this one to be very healthy in learning about our Brazilian Mastiff so I though I would find one on English Bulldogs since we know very little other than the fact that our vet said we had better be ready to fork out some cash because they have a lot of problems. Which makes me a little nervous about my vet. lol So any advice as to where to begin to learn about how to keep a bulldog healthy would be great. I look forward to learning whatever I can. :D

Attachments

• Louie 1st picture.jpg
    Louie 1st picture.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Louie 2.JPG
    Louie 2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 133

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome to EBN [MENTION=1428]Dad to louie[/MENTION]!

My my, what a story. Let's call it fate that you two found each other. He's one cute bully too! I'm also a first time bully owner and found this site amazingly helpful.

Happy learning and reading!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaawww ... no wonder you couldn't give him away .. he's so adora-bull!! :heart: And its so wonderful that you rescued him.

I've got two bullies ... Maggie will be 3 in December, and we just got 12-week old Daddy from a rescue about two weeks ago. In the almost 3 years we have had Maggie, I have learnt more from this website (been a member approx 3 months) than I have from anywhere else!!

The main thing which I think you'll hear over and over and over again on this site, is to feed your Bullie a really good food. There is a recommeded food guide on this website that grades the foods. We found out we were feeding Maggie a 1* food :poo: :eek: so spent the next 3 weeks gradually switching her over to a 5* food as well as adding salmon oil to her diet. The change in her is truly AMAZING :up: AND she no longer stinks of dog ... ADDED BONUS!!

But no matter what you want an answer on you'll find it on this site.

So welcome to you and Louie!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome dad to louie! your story is amazing, thank you so much for sharing it with us and sharing the photos of your beautiful boy who loves to cross-dress :)

Any questions at all, please ask :) I saw your post on the themed days of the week and- well- I am going to take the blame for dropping the ball on that one :whistle: but I will get it back in full gear, it was so much fun!

Wonderful to meet you!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!! Your story is so touching, Louie is so lucky to have found you!!!! I am sure you will if you havent already realize you were even more lucky ot have found him. Bullies have that effect on us all. He is such a handsome sweet bully, it is so sad to think that people could abuse him. I bet he will love you even more than the ones like my boy who have been spoiled from birth cuz he knows the other side of it all. Being a new bully owner you will learn a lot here thats for sure. Ask any and all the questions you have, dont be shy. You can also search for topics you may think of and see what has already been discussed. Another thing is you may want to look around to see what good bully vets are in your area also. Your vet may be great with all dogs in general and good for most things but if you have a real problem with a bully, it is always best to go to a vet that specializes in them. I have one I would use if need be but thankfully havent needed to much so I use my regular more local vet for everything else.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome, what a wonderful story. He is so handsome and I am so happy that he is now in your hands! We love hearing bully stories, seeing bully pictures and welcome any and all questions or concerns you have. I think 2 of the big basic things to keeping a bully healthy have been mentioned, quality food and seeing a vet experienced with bully because they are very unique. The one thing I can think to add is keep the wrinkles clean and dry! I'm sure others will have more to add but again welcome and bless you for taking Louie into your home.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Great story... it looks like your kind heart was appropriately rewarded. Congrats on the beautiful new family member.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Hi and Welcome to the site! It is absolutely amazing, you will learn so much and gain wonderful supportive friends. First of all, I wanted to say that was absolute fate that you overheard that conversation and was able to rescue your sweet bully. It warms my heart that he has found a good home! Congrats! Second I have to say, once a bully lover always a bully lover! Congrats again and can't wait to see more pics. :D

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
What a gorgeous bullie he is!!! I can't wait to see him bloosom in your house!!! Congrats and welcome to the best bully forum on the web!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Wow, what a wonderful story.... and a beautiful bully.... you have found the right place for all any any questions you may have on your new fur kid.... Welcome

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
what a story, i think it was fate that brought him to yall... he's a gorgeous little boy

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Welcome to the forums! This site will be your best friend when it comes to info for your English Bulldog. Louie is a very handsome boy! I'm glad that he found his forever home!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It was fate! I agree with that. You are in for a ride with Louie. This is the most unique breed around (I'm a little biased) Everyday will bring new amazing discoveries. My advice..keep a video camera charged and ready. You will find yourself trying to explain all the bully antics to friends and family...they probably won't believe you. SEEING IS BELIEVING!! So take video and post it often (I love bully videos) Welcome to the family!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Welcome Welcome!! Louie is a gorgeous boy!!! It so sad that people thing english bulldogs are fighting dogs...once upon a time they were but the modern bulldog has been bred to eat,sleep, fart and drool lol. You may want to find another vet because thats the last thing you want to hear is that they are going to bleed you dry. I learned from here a bully vet is best. They're more knowledgeable of bully issues instead of poke and prod to figure out an issue. As previously stated you can ask ANYTHING. Someone is bound to have an answer and we are all willing to help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online