Meet me and Bangu

The Pack Leader

Apr 23, 2013
Seoul, Korea
Bulldog(s) Names
Bangu
Hi there everyone.

Wow, took me 11 months to make a profile here. All the while, all the members and participants in this forum have been so helpful with information regarding bulldogs.

I'm a Canadian living in South Korea (been here 7 years) and bought an English Bulldog last Sept. He's Going to be 10 months on May 1st. His name is Bangu (pronounced Bawng-goo, A as in 'Awe' sound). Just to let you know, 'Bangu' means fart in Korean ^^. I attached some pics. Hope they show up. The First one is nine weeks, and the other too much more recently. He's my buddy and I have put a lot of energy into him. He's quite well trained for 10 months. He waits in another room while we eat (Koreans eat on the floor, my wife is korean). He waits at the front door after we come in from our walks so i can wipe his feet. He walks beside me on a leash. Sometimes he stalls a bit, but we're getting there. I also taught him to pee in the shower (his pad is there) that way, if he misses it's not a big mess. As Korean bathrooms are one big shower, there is no bathtub. And he Doo-doos outside.

I have so much too ask and discuss. Getting all the things a bulldog needs in Korea can be hard. I just switched him to EVO off royal canin. What a difference. He is still only halfway through the transition but I already see benefits. You may see some acne in one of his photos but it has rerally cleared up! People just don't have a lot of pets here and don't seem to be as keen as westerners when it comes to holistic, natural and organic products. I have so much info to share but I'll leave it there for now. Don't want to bore anyone.

Once again, thatnks to all on the forums here. You have been so helpful.

Any questions are welcome about cultural differences/ pets herre/ products etc.

Moving back to Canada in 18 months ^^

P.S. bangu is being neutered this weekend. Got some guilt about it being a guy and all. I think 10 months was good? Opinions?

Thanks,

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2054.jpg
    IMG_2054.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 157

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wow! Awesome intro -- and Bangu is gorgeous! I love his name too. Whatta face!!!

I'm curious about the challenge of returning to Canada with a dog. Does he have to sit in quarantine?

10 months is a fine a time as any to neuter. Don't worry. He won't miss that unsightly, dangly equipment and he'll be a better, happier, healthier dog for it. :yes:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What a handsome fella Bangu is! :welcome3:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Glad you decide to finally post. It would be great if you'd share some of your experiences with Bangu in Korea, you wouldn't bore anyone!
Oh, and did I mention Bangu's a cutie.. :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN...... Please feel free to ask what you want and Im sure we'd all like to hear about raising a bully in SK. Thanx for joining.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Welcome!! Bangu is one handsome fella.

I love his puppy pic with those big ears & paws :loveeyes:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Brian and Bangu! Great Intro and it's wonderful you've found us! He is very handsome and great job with him! My Jake was neutered at about the same age..I'm sure Bangu will do fine. If you can, request Isloflourane gas for the anesthesia..it's the safest for him! Good luck on the big move! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and offically :welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

Bangu is adorable... love his freckled ears and the name (know that you told us the meaning) is a perfect fit for a Bully!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hi there and welcome! Oh my cuteness! I love love love the last picture! So handsome!!!!! I had no choice but to get Brutus neutered at 8 months as I has wanted to wait until 18 months! I don't think it made a difference but he does have a smaller head than most his age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Well Hello & Welcome! So glad you not only joined our site but also posted pictures..someone has you trained well!
My partner is from South Korea - how do you like it there?
Your boy is so handsome. I love the middle picture where it looks like he's trying to hide...saying: You don't see me!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
:sunny:Welcome Bangu! I am so glad that you are going to hang out with us. We love to have new people to share with and learn from! See you around the forum!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.