Hello-Princes Fiona & Diesel (R.I.P Dozer)

suzieq

Apr 19, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Fiona & Diesel
I've been an English Bulldog mommy for over 10 years and I'm grateful to have found this site. I have not been able to get over the loss of our beloved bully Dozer 2 years ago. He went in for a routine surgery for cherry eye which led to Gastric dilatation volvulus (also known as bloat or a twisted stomach) is a medical condition in which the stomach becomes overstretched by excessive gas ... I should have known, it would have possibly saved his life. Since then I've changed to A Vet that is more knowledgeable & informative and try to gain as much in-site as I can so that my family will never experience that heartbreak ever again. R.I.P. Big Baby...

P.S. IF YOU NOTICE YOUR BULLDOG ACTING OUT OF HIS/HER ORDINARY CHARACTER AND YOU SUSPECT SOMETHING'S WRONG, TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS! PLEASE DON'T WAIT. GET HELP. IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi [MENTION=8633]suzieq[/MENTION] ! welcome to the site.

I'm so sorry about Dozer. I have sadly heard many stories of bloat and how life threatening it is.

I'm so happy you found EBN--we're a bunch of folks here who love our bullies and learn many things from each other. Looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of Diesel and Princess Fiona.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Glad you found us and can share lots of stories and pics of all your babies with us. Many have lost their beloved bully's way too soon here too, and there is a great support system to just have someone who understands to talk to about it with.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Suzie and welcome to EBN!

Sorry, so very sorry for your loss, I too had a sudden loss of my sweet Nitshcke almost two years ago. I feel your pain in your is still fresh (as is mine) and please know, we are all here to learn, share and support

:hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN, wonderful, knowledgeable & kind people here.

I'm very sorry that you lost Dozer and to complications from surgery.

Brutus was my 1st bully, rehomed to me last July, when I joined EBN.

He died from having his teeth cleaned, they believe to heart arrythmia.

I'd had him 6 & 1/2 months but loved him so deeply so know your pain.

Happily, Davidh on here, called me about a bully needing a home, Cami,
who's been here just 3 weeks...Heaven!

Again, welcome!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and :welcome: Glad you joined us! So very sorry for your loss! You will find such amazing people on this forum :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:smileywelcome: So sorry for your loss. Bloat is a horrible disorder that can really sneak up on you. I have been very fortunate, but have had friends who lost beloved animals to bloat and these were people who are long-time reputable breeders. I can't wait to see pictures of your bullies!

chikou

Apr 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Fiona
Welcome back I also have a eb and name her princess Fiona too. Sorry about your lost that is one of my biggest fear about my eb I hope I can fill the gap of knowledge I so know whar to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello there and :welcome: to ebn. sorry to hear about your bully loss it happens all to frequently. look forward to seeing pics of your new babies. :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
:sunny:Welcome to English Bulldog News. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You are so right about trusting your gut. Only Bully parents know when something is wrong.

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
Hi ad welcome to the site. I am sorry for your loss, but I will heed your advice. I call my Vet if I notice something different about their behavior and I check here for advice, especially with Gomer having his issues.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: SuzieQ, so very sorry to hear of your loss of Dozer. :(

I am so glad you want to help educate others on the dangers of bloat, it is not talked about as often as it should be.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online