Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome to EBN, you must be really excited to get your new baby Winston home. I have two EB, they are litter mates and are 14 months old.

Supplies you need for a new puppy:

Puppy food, we feed Fromms, and they have a puppy formula, as well as their foods are an all stages food.
puppy food should be fed for 6 or 7 months as they need the extra calories, fat and vitamins found in puppy formulas for the rapid growth and development of puppies.
most EB are allergic or sensitive to chicken based foods, salmon, grains, and corn, so should be fed a non chicken protein source and a non grain formula. A 5 or 6 Star food is the best choice for dogs, there is an excellent forum on dog food ratings on this site.
Natural supplements such as salmon oil, apple cider vinegar, plain unsweetened yogurt.

Signs of food allergies, or sensitivities in dogs are red face, ears, or eyes, hives, rashes, itchy skin, or paws, paw licking, runny, soft serve poops, diarrhea, swollen face. You can give Benedryl to your dog to alleviate allergy symptoms, and also before their vaccinations, especially when they are getting more than one vaccination at one time. My vet recommended giving Benedryl before they got their Leptovirus and Rabies shots, as these can cause reactions.

Leash/ collar, or harness.

Flea/ Tick products, we use Revolution from the vet.

Toys and chew products such as Nylabones, deer antlers, kong toys.
Nail Trimmers.

Poop/ Clean up gear and scoop bags ( the dollar store is a good source for these)

Grooming tools such as brushes, shampoo, conditioners, we use Petsmart puppy tearless formula with chamomile and oatmeal.

dog toothbrush and dog toothpaste.
Puppy training supplies: I found the puppy pads useless, and they tended to shred and tried to eat them, plus if you train the to go in the house on the pad, then when you want them to go outside later it is confusing to them, and you have to train all over again to go outside.

Baby gates, playpen

easy to clean dog bedding

ID tag/ name tags

Stainless steel bowls for food and water

Towels, we bought a bunch of cheap towels and face cloths from Walmart to use for dog bathing.

Unscented baby wipes for wiping the folds, eyes, ears, and butt pocket.

Healthy dog treats.

Dog carrier for the car, or a harness that can hook onto the seatbelt for safe car traveling.

Dog Insurance:
I'm not familiar with dog insurance in the States, but we use Pet Secure here in Canada and have been very happy with it, we put them on the Puppy Wellness Program for the first year, which included all their puppy exams, stool samples, vaccinations, micro chipping, spay/neutering, Revolution flea/ tick / heartworm treatments, accidental ingestions, motor vehicle accidents, and illness up to $5,000 per year for each. Then when they were a year old and finished with all the puppy stuff, we dropped down to the next level, which had the same coverage except for the puppy stuff.

I hope this helps you.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Welcome to EBN!!! You have found the best forum for all the advice and info you will need to raise a bullie!!! I am glad you joined us and excited for you to bring your little baby home!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hello there and :welcome: to ebn. youve been given great advice so i will just say lots of pics are required. :)

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Welcome to EBN. That puppy is going to change your life. I know my life is forever changed since I got my boy (well since he allowed me to take him home that is).

One piece of advice I can give - put a blanket or t-shirt or something in the crate/kennel. Colossus started to get separation anxiety and waking me up at midnight/3/4, etc. Then the first time I let him sleep in my lap he crashed immediately, so I put a tshirt in his kennel and hes not tried to wake up during the night. Might just be coincidence, but its helping on my end. Hopefully Im not doing anything "bad" by doing that.

OP
Caldy315

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston's eyes are open! Next weekend we are visiting the breeder to see the little guy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367340518.835837.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367340536.752714.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367340547.052557.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367340584.419713.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I have nothing to add but Hello. Oh! and maybe you should get another bulldog puppy, lol!!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Hi and welcome....as you can see you will receive much help and advice here....it's great! The only thing I want to mention is about the puppy pads...they will probably only become a chew toy ......I have always thought why give them a pad to use in the house when they are not suppose to go in the house....teach them correctly from the beginning..potty is outside......I know some have a harder time training and see no other alternative but to use them , completely understand........but I am anti puppy pads :)
he's just adorable......enjoy!

OP
Caldy315

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368327792.339398.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368327810.454166.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368327839.036635.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368327869.236518.jpg

Got to see the little guy today and his litter mates. 4 weeks and he's finding out he has a voice!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.