Hello everyone!!!

monsters mom

Oct 23, 2010
Hi everyone!

My name is Kris and I was recommended this site thru KMARINO (thanks!)

I need lots of help so here's to hoping my story has a happy ending. I have a 19 yr old son at home with us.

Monsters = Eddy and Leroy - brothers / 2.5 years / neutered

Problems:

1. Lots of allergies - got complete allergy testing in the Spring for both boys. Each have 21 allergies but at least I know what they are. Not such a problem anymore.

2. Eddy picking fights with Leroy to the point that Leroy spent most of his time in his crate voluntarily (since stopped as approx 1 month ago I started ignoring both dogs) Now they are best friends again. But, I cant keep ignoring them.

3. Toileting - peeing their beds/crates/on the floor pretty much daily

4. Alpha - Leroy growled at me last nite and went into a kind of attack stance...I stood over him, yelled NO and kept my positon. I reached over and opened the patio door to which he gladly ran out. He followed a treat into his crate where he sleeps at nite.

Don't know what to do. Read everything I can online. I practice all the "alpha" things an alpha owner is supposed to do, but it is obviously not working. This is the short version of our story. I am at my wits end, frustrated and now afraid of Leroy. I love these dogs immensely but this is the end for me unless I can figure out how to keep us all together. One of these problems alone is bad enough but everything that is happening is just too much for me. I am completely over my head here.

side note -- they both had full medical checkup in the spring - healthy

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome Kris! So glad you joined us. For the allergies I find that my Samson's are best controlled with the proper food, what are you feeding your pups? Adding salmon oil to his food daily and a vet prescribed antihistamine taken daily has also helped alot. As for the issues with the pups not getting along, I'm sorry but I don't really have any good answers for that. I know other members on here have alot more experience with that so I am sure they will chime in with some good suggestions. For the peeing on the beds, recently I heard someone on here have that problem and they just took them away, no beds/empty crate if they are just gonna pee on their bedding. As for Leroy challenging you, I'm sorry but I don't really have any good sugestions for that either. If I were in that situation my first reaction would be to copy everything I've seen on the dog whisperer LOL I'm sure you'll get some better answers from other members. Don't be a stranger and don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your concerns/issues. Oh and we love pictures/videos and bully stories :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
yep..take away the bedding and the peeing (usually) stops. I not familiar with allergies, but it sounds as if you've got that pretty much understood. Proper food will be the answer...there are many members here who have dealt with this issue and got it under control with diet change! As for the fighting......! I have a 3 year old male (also named Vegas) and a 16 month old female. Both are fixed. Orion (my female) is a PITA. (pain in the arse) She tries to dominate every situation...and usually does. So, I'm not a good person to ask about that, cause I deal with it also. Luckily there are 3 adults in my house and I have a 2 story home. When they are being bad or too playful...I usually send one of them to the upper level (where their grammy is usually on the computer) That solves it. Or, I kennel them and leave the house! ( not really ). Good luck. And welcome. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] is a huge part of this site and we hope that you will be also. Great user Id...love it!

OP
monsters mom

monsters mom

Oct 23, 2010
Here's some pics of them.

I feed them 2 flavours from Lifetime Brand. It's the only food that they like, can tolerate, has no allergens thus far. Eddy doesn't fight if no attention is given, but that is short term management only :(

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 1.5 yrs.jpg
    1.5 yrs.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 129

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Hey... I recognize you from another site!!! Welcome aboard this site. You'll love it here!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I love the second photo! How old were they there? They look so young and innocent!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome Kris you are going to love it here as I told you earlier, already good advice coming to you! As far as Vegas's allergies it was totally his food, he is now on a grain/gluten free Nature's Variety and in 5 weeks is a new man, no itching, sores, smell etc. Again welcome and ask as many questions as you want someone always has been in the same situation!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG are they too cute or are they just too cute?

Welcome aboard.... I am sorry about the fighting. Have you done the hold them down on their back and stare at them in the face when they are being naughty? It is hard to do the first several times- and you must hold them until they lay still and look away and they realize you are NOT going to let them go. Unfortunately this also means you must do this by yourself, I recommend wearing a long sleeve t-shirt at first. I am actually not very good at following my own advice- but there is a few here who have had success with alpha training.

I also think spending a period of each day giving them your full attention- one at a time- could possibly help. Maybe do some alpha training with each of them during this time.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Hi Kris and welcome to the site! Bertie has just recently started being very aggressive with food and toys. I am dealing with that as we speak! When she does it, I yell NO, in a very mean voice and then I grab her and stare at her telling her she is a bad girl! I don't let go until she looks away. I also take the toy or bone away from her and I lock it in her crate. She can see it, but can't touch it. I do the same thing with her food...I will put my hand down and pet her while she is eating. I will touch the bowl. If she growls or snaps at me, I tell het no and I take the food away for awhile. If she is good, I keep telling her she is a good girl and I give her kisses and fawn all over her telling how good she is. It really seems to be working well! Today she only snapped at my other dog twice.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome to the site! Your pups are sooooo dang cute!!!!!!! I am also not the best for most of your advice needs but I have learned that 1 dog has to be the alpha. Which one is the alpha in your house? Once that dog is labeled the alpha he has to come first in feedings loving etc. Never before you of course but before the other pup. My boy started to get aggressive when he was a little over 1 year and he had not been neutered yet. Once we neutered him it solved most of the problem, most. Yours are already tho so that isnt a help. One thing I did notice tho after was I was confusing the pack order by giving treats and stuff to mu pug first since he was the "good one". Well we have gone on this way for a long time not thinking much of it until I realized that I was confusing them by doing this. Every once in a while Mugsy, my pug would challenge Cutty who was the obvious alpha and it was creating small amounts of chaos. Something so small as feeding snacks to his first, who would have thought?!!?! So now we feed snacks in the right order, Mugsy is always last and it has seemed to make a difference even tho we havent had any more problems like you are having with aggression but it kinda fixed the flow of things. There are many people on here who are great with training tho and will chime in to help you. You arent alone thats for sure. We have a few members who are dealing with this on a regular basis also. [MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION] is good with this stuff.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Welcome!1 First off your boys are B-E-A UTIFUL!! I just want to put them in a box of cotton balls. I agree with [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] about the alpha, also you can start feeding him last so he knows he is not in control. I do the alpha and last feeding with my 9mnth Olde English Bulldogge DAILY!! I do not want her to think its ok to be a bully.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Welcome in! You will love it here. I am also fairly new and have learned so much in my short time here.
Ask away ! You will definitely find your answers here.:up:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome Kris, Eddy and Leroy!!!

The experts here will be able to give you some sound advice I'm sure.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online