I am a newbie!!!!

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Hi there everyone! My name is Katie and I live in Virginia. I am 27 years old and the proud mother of 2 English Bulldogs. To tell you a little about them I may sound like I am bragging... but oh well that is what a mom does!
First I will tell you about Zeus who was born on July 23, 2012. He is my baby boy. I do not have the words to express how thankful I am to have the sweet little bundle in my life. You see on the very same day he was born I was in a car accident that nearly took my life. After being in the hospital and multiple surgeries later I was admitted into a nursing facility for 45 days. It sucked (for a lack of better term). I was finally released to come home. My boyfriend at the time (now fiancé) has wanted an English Bulldog for some time and we had discussed getting one before my accident. Since I was bound to a wheelchair and unable to do much of anything the internet searches of bulldogs were on our minds. Long story short... we found Zeus less than an hour away from us. He loaded me into the car and we went to look at the little fat monkey. After seeing him he became our child. Shortly after getting Zeus my better half had to leave for work to New Orleans. I had to learn how to take care of myself and a new puppy on my own. With the help of my parents Zeus continued to grow. I can say that he alone had a great deal to do with my recovery. If it were not for my baby boy I would have not learned to take care of myself and him (all while gaining strength that was much needed).
Paisley was born on June 25, 2012. She did not immediately come into our family. Her parents are owned by a friend that I worked with prior to my accident. Paisley was sold to a couple who must not have read about English Bulldogs... needless to say Paisley went back to her original home for a bit. I went for a visit to my former place of employment and she asked if I would be interested in having another baby... Well of course! we have been talking about getting another so Zeus could have a play mate. I drove over to see the baby to see if I wanted her... of course I came home with a new baby girl! Zeus adores her and they play wonderfully!
They are so well behaved and listen (most of the time) to me. Now that the weather is nice I sit outside and play with my babies and watch them play. I now cannot sleep well unless the two of them are snoring. I spoil them completely in every way possible and I am happy that I can spend all the time in the world with them. I am considered disabled and without my babies I would probably go insane. It is difficult to have your life changed dramatically but they certainly help it. I am forced each day to test my limits and my disabilities to see exactly what I am able to do and to them I am forever grateful.

That’s me and that’s my babies! I also have 2 other babies that are a Maltese and a Morkie… however they traded me in a long time ago for my parents. Haha! They only visit with me in my room every so often.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Katie! That's such a touching intro. You certainly have climbed a lot of mountains and it sounds like your sweet Bully's and your fiancée have been integral in your journey. I look forward to watching you continue to win these battles and to get to know your Bully's! Welcome to our family! :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Great to meet u Katie! What a beautiful story tho I'm sorry about your accident . I hope u will continue to gain strength ang get healthier every day. Your babies sound beautiful too! Welcome to EBN!

Daniel L Florea

Feb 4, 2013
Oxford, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Sugar
Hi Katie, so glad to hear that you are recovering. Your babies will be great therapy for you. They will cause you laugh many times and encourage you to push yourself. I have a 7 yr old named Sugar. She is a spoiled princess. I have had 3 other bulldogs in my life before her. I had just gotten married 8 weeks before when Pam and I went to look at puppies. Pam sat down on the floor and this little ball of fur climbed up in her lap. Game over. Turns out she had been born the day before we got married. Pam had a variety of health issues when we met. Sugar was good to get her up and moving. Once when her blood sugar dropped, Sugar actually woke her up by pushing on her chest. Unfortunely, Pam's issues took her after only 3 1/2 yrs of marriage. Hard to believe she has been gone that long now. But Sugar was something that helped me keep moving forward. She has been my girl and does not like me paying attention to other dogs. I have been rewarded with someone new in my life now, and Sugar allows that. Ha!
Enjoy them, do not give too many treats, but shower them with love and affection. Be consistent and firm in training. Be sure to socialize them to all ages of people. They will be a blessing to you. Post pictures and keep us posted on how all of you are doing. Good luck.

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
Hi Katie, your introduction was very interesting. I wish you and yours the very best everyday, and that every day thereafter is better than the day before. Enjoy your bullies, we have 2 and enjoy them tremendously!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
smileywelcome.gif
katie, Zues and Paisley to the EBN Family.

I am so sorry to read of your Accident and how your two babies are helping you with your recovery, I do look forward to getting to know you all and seeing some photos.

I love the name Paisley so pretty.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I hope you share many more stories of your triumphs as well as pics and videos of your babies helping you achieve them.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What a wonderful story!! Can't wait to see some pics!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:smileywelcome: to EBN, Katie! Amazing intro. I'm so looking forward to seeing pics of Zeus and Paisley. Don't keep us waiting!!! :D

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=8583]My kids have 4 paws[/MENTION] Katie, what a wonderful story about your babies and how they came into your life. I'm so sorry to read about your accident but it really sounds like you are taking things in stride and I hope you'll continue to challenge yourself to do more things! You are a very strong person and those babies are lucky to call you Mom. Keep on keeping on and please, please, please post some pics of Zeus & Paisley, we are crazy about pics.

(edited to fix the @ )

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Nice to meet you Katie and your fur kids. WElcome to EBN!! Your story is very touching, thank you for sharing!!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
WOW. Are they related at all? I've never seen two dogs, different colors, but each has the other side of their face filled in with color! They are so handsome/beautiful! I can see why they stole your heart!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.