Brutus almost 2

brutusmom

Apr 12, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koa, and Brutus (RIP JUL 2011-APR 2013)
67766_10152354287090503_1344703619_n.jpg45515_10152492114705503_1571401944_n.jpg428840_10152377166845503_962327072_n.jpg576035_10152645909365503_1954728686_n.jpg69552_10152255777175503_725968649_n.jpg

EDIT JULY 1, 2013:

Brutus passed away April 12, 2013 at 830pm due to neutering complications. RIP my dear friend Brutus. We loved you very much <3

We recently had a new addition to our family. His name is Koa and he's full of spirit and very much a puppy at 10 weeks. Going to be in for a lot of training and patience because he is very much bullheaded. Love him already and know that he'll never replace Brutus and that he will always be in our memory and hearts.

April 12, 2013:

I came home with brutus when he was 16wks and he was very much in his shell. He wasn't socialized very much at all and so it took me 4 long months just to get him comfortable with walking on hard wood floors. My husband and I don't have children yet so he's had our neighbor's children show him to not be scared to adventure out. Now he's very much like a regular dog and runs everywhere. He still gets spooked with new items in his environment but has gained a lot more confidence than the day I brought him home. He's full of energy for an EB, and its very hard for me to tire him out. He can run 2mi non-stop with me at a 9min/mile pace (His pace). I'm happy to be joining this forum because I feel like I can never REALLY figure out Brutus because he surprises me all the time.

Little about myself, I'm in the Army and have been serving for 10years and my husband is also in the Army served 10years and we plan on retiring in another 10yrs. We'd love to get another EB but we decided with our busy lives we can only give our attention to Brutus. We love the outdoors and so does Brutus. I look forward to meeting new people on here and learning a lot.
ZoomButt.gif
ZoomButt.gif

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN. Brutus is gorgeous (so are your hardwood floors)..... he looks to be a very happy boy. Bulldogs are OCD, so if something new comes in or is not in it's place... they will react to it , all differently but none-the-less react - right [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ?
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] --- look at his awesome floppy freckled ears :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Welcome!!! Those pictures are precious! Especially little costume pic. :luv:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh those are awesome freckled ears! :love:

:welcome: to EBN and so glad you found us. :D Brutus is gorgeous. So glad you came into his life when he was 4 months old.....shame he wasn't socialized before then. I have two OCD bulllies, Wilson's the worst and he just turned two in Jan. Emma, well I guess she's not really OCD, but she is shy and gets on guard real quick like if she hears something.

Now I must say, thank you very much for serving out country :usa:. My BIL is retired ARMY, he was MP. Again, welcome to EBN!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... where the heck is my respect and manners...... THANK YOU so much for your service to our country, it is greatly appreciated!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: So glad you decided to join and share your adventures with Brutus with us. He is a handsome fella! You may discover that many of the traits he displays are common to bully's more so than other dogs. They are a breed apart. That is what makes them so special! At least we think so.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN If it is bulldog info you seek you have certainly come to the right place. More than that EBN is also a very large family of like minded people (bullynuts). ;) Thanx for joinging and I hope you become a regular participant. :)

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
What a great looking bully. You must be very proud of Brutus! I've been contemplating how long Kiahs walks should be. We're up to almost a half mile now, slowly increasing it every few days. I look forward to watching his progress!

Happy almost birthday Brutus!

Thank you for your service to our country Brutusmom!

OP
brutusmom

brutusmom

Apr 12, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koa, and Brutus (RIP JUL 2011-APR 2013)
I wanted to post an update. I went to get Brutus neutered on April 12 and within 4 hours of coming home he passed away. The vet thinks it was a blood clot that was released after surgery. My husband and I were very upset and the experience has traumatized us and shocked us with such a common procedure. We told ourselves that we wouldn't get another dog and but we've been feeling that our family is not complete without the companion and friendship of a dog. We just got another english bulldog puppy who is far different from Brutus.

We named him Koa. He is 10 weeks now and is extremely energetic and outgoing. Very bull-headed and is all white with freckled ears, and one signature spot on his eyebrow. We love him very much and realized just how special the english bulldog breed is. Brutus is sorely missed and we know that Koa will never replace him but that the energy of the lovable face of a dog is what we needed back in our home.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry to hear about your beloved Brutus... I truly do understand. We lost our Bella in June due to complications during her spay, she was 5 years old & had a litter of pups in Dec. We are still reeling over the shock of it, it's been horrible... We kept one of her pups Winston, but it doesn't replace our Bella. I just wanted you to know that you are NOT alone... I wish you all the best w/your new bully baby ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so very sorry for your loss .. we lost our Maggie just over a year ago, and I think the pain is just as immediate now as it was then. Not something I thiink I will ever truly get over or recover from.

I'm so glad that you have another fur-ball-bully to help to ease the pain!!

There is a memorial section on here if you should ever want to post there ... :assurred:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I am so sorry for your loss. I can not imagine the pain you are going through. Hugs and prayers going out to you and your hubby. However congrats on Koa with a cutie pie

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.