Big Booty Trudy

OP
Lalabangbang

Lalabangbang

Apr 9, 2013
Fort Pierce,fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Booty Trudy
Thank you everyone! I must say im so addicted to this website! I think we are going to feed a partial raw diet with fromm puppy food. Should I feed the pink puppy bag or the large breed puppy? I cant wait till I get to bring her home. She should be coming home by the end of the week and theb I promise a huge overload of pictures!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome and congratulations! Your in the right place here, loads of info and good sound and caring advice and fellowship. WOW what a pup! That is one heck of a bulldog pup right there

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: Lauren and Big Booty Trudy. You have to have the funniest screen name and bully name I've seen. It's fantastic. :2thumbs: Trudy is SOOOO cute! :love:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:smileywelcome: to EBN.

Big Booty Trudy is so Ador-A-Bull, I bet you are so excited with only a day to go till you bring her home, they are such a welcome addition to the family everyone just seems to fall in love with them :love: and we all know why.

look forward to seeing your baby girl grow and getting to know you better.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello there and :welcome: to ebn. your pup is so cute and they really are a wonderful breed. :2thumbs:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag until they are around 6 or 7 mouths old then switch them over to adult food. FROMM has several grain free foods that are all stage foods, so you could feed them to a pup if you wish.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] is a very knowledgeable breeder so I'd do whatever he suggests were it me. Perhaps we can impose on him to tell us how much/how often he feeds his pups.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I like to use the poop gauge (that's what I call it). Start off with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup three times a day. If their poop is hard, feed them a little more until it is a little soft. That's the amount to give them. If it is really soft or runny, back off the amount a little until it firms up. A growing pup needs plenty of food for the first 6 to 7 months. At that time you can go to twice a day, but feed the same amount as you were with the three feeding total. Once they get to be about a year old you will need to reduce the amount of food given so they will not become obese. We feed our adult females 3/4 cup twice a day and they do fine with that. Buddy gets about a cup twice a day. You will just have to adjust the amount that your bully requires to maintain a good weight and not be fat.

OP
Lalabangbang

Lalabangbang

Apr 9, 2013
Fort Pierce,fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Booty Trudy
Thank you Davidh that was very helpful. How about switching foods? Breeders feeding purina food I think (yuck) I'm going to use Fromm pink bag like you suggested but how much new food should I add per day?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok if ur bringing home a new pup and im no expert but id say leave them on the food the breeder was feeding just for a few weeks to get the pup settled on its new home as this can be unsettling in itself. then when the pup is settled in switch to whatever food you are getting. i think most feed 3/4 cup 3 times a day but it can be adjusted if your pup gains or loses weight. congrats

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Do a slow transition taking about a 7 to 8 days. Start with about a 14, new and 3/4 old, for about a couple days and slowly increase the new and decrease the old.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.