Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby on the way

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Baby on the way

All precious Pups!! But I'm partial to "kissing spots"!!!!!

Jake was the pick of the litter too..of 6 brothers... I knew right away...Congrats to you...and Welcome!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

They are all so cute but the third one (forth picture down) the fawn, oh my....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN. You are getting good advice so I'll just say, glad to have you here!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN. Baby bullies are so adorable it's very difficult to choose (I had the same problem).
    Let us know when you made your decision. Good luck!

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & in extended family his dad Diesel & cousin Odessa
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the advice guys! At 6 weeks it was really hard to tell if one was a better breather then another, or energy level and personality for that matter. At least not for my armature eyes.

The little brindle boy in the first picture below was my favourite in terms of build, he has really wide shoulders, box head, nice wrinkles and over all thick muscles compared to the others. However, the father of the litter is massive... he is short and compact but he had the biggest neck, head and shoulders I have ever seen on a bulldog. For this reason I picked the runt (second set of pictures), I am hoping for a slightly less stocky frame thinking that he would have an easier time getting around. Although I am now reading that runts tend to catch up and can be just as big or bigger then their litter mates. He also has less wrinkles which I hope translates to less skin problems. I love the fawn/blond look, but can't tell if he will grow out to be on the fawn/fallow side or more red? anyone have a good guess?

Anyhow I am really on the fence now since the breeder said after the fact that the fawn boy I chose is also one of the calmest in the litter we need our boy to keep up with us on our outdoor adventures. Oh gosh, what to do?

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    They are all so cute but the third one (forth picture down) the fawn, oh my....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that one is so beautiful, but she is a girl... I think she will be a stunner! I was going for a boy as I hear they are more affectionate, anyone find this to be the case?

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post

All precious Pups!! But I'm partial to "kissing spots"!!!!!

Jake was the pick of the litter too..of 6 brothers... I knew right away...Congrats to you...and Welcome!!
    Oh that is so cute, I love that "kiss spot". He will be loaded with kisses in no time

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys! At 6 weeks it was really hard to tell if one was a better breather then another, or energy level and personality for that matter. At least not for my armature eyes.

The little brindle boy in the first picture below was my favourite in terms of build, he has really wide shoulders, box head, nice wrinkles and over all thick muscles compared to the others. However, the father of the litter is massive... he is short and compact but he had the biggest neck, head and shoulders I have ever seen on a bulldog. For this reason I picked the runt (second set of pictures), I am hoping for a slightly less stocky frame thinking that he would have an easier time getting around. Although I am now reading that runts tend to catch up and can be just as big or bigger then their litter mates. He also has less wrinkles which I hope translates to less skin problems. I love the fawn/blond look, but can't tell if he will grow out to be on the fawn/fallow side or more red? anyone have a good guess?

Anyhow I am really on the fence now since the breeder said after the fact that the fawn boy I chose is also one of the calmest in the litter we need our boy to keep up with us on our outdoor adventures. Oh gosh, what to do?

They are both winners... but i love the little fawn baby -- sweet little kiss spot too! as for outdoor adventures -- you do know you are getting a Bulldog, right? They do not do overly well on long outdoor activities especially when it is warm.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Sherrie
    "I like to pick one that picks me too. one that will sit and watch and then get involved. one that looks you in the eye.
    has good healthy breathing, has energy to play, when you call or clap he looks at you. Then for the build, that important for a male. (to me) a nice head and full of wrinkles."
    Oh my gosh, that was the brindle boy!

1)the law is 8 weeks old. 10 weeks is old is better. it's a personal choice and also at 10 weeks your puppy is more socialized.
    The breeder said he can be picked up @ 8 weeks the earliest, but I agree with you and would prefer he get a little more time with mom and litter mates. Do you think he would still get the same socialization if I leave him with mom a bit longer but the other puppies get picked up?
    2) you can do better on the food / Fromm puppy
    I agree, I would also like to make him home made. I don't want to through him off changing his food when he just gets on solids, how soon do you think I can switch him over?
    3) bathe puppy with a baby shampoo and only bathe when dirty , not too often as it will dry out the skin, I do a final rinse with 1 gal water /1cup vinegar and leave on, then dry Got it, baby shampoo and vinegar on stand by.
    4) restrict going away/ visiting until all vaccines are completed I live in a complex with a ton of pets in the area, cats are in my yard all the time (they are not mine). Do you think I can get started with housebreaking or is it too much risk for him to be out in the yard before the second set?
    5) feed three times a day, if possible, about 3/4 cup a feeding or equaling 2-1/2 to 3 cups a day
    6) I don't know the health of Odessa, so I can't comment.
    I think she just suffers from allergies at the moment, she often has swollen sore paws or hot spots (poor girl). I was thinking of having her over for a sleep over the first couple nights to stay with the new pup and help him feel safe in his new surroundings away from mom. Not sure if this is a good plan or not?

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama Yes I know, but I am hoping he can at least join us for some of the trips that are with in his ability. We are lucky if we can get Odessa to walk 2 blocks, I am hoping for a bit more out of my boy

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    @2BullyMama Yes I know, but I am hoping he can at least join us for some of the trips that are with in his ability. We are lucky if we can get Odessa to walk 2 blocks, I am hoping for a bit more out of my boy
    It is possible that the new pup wil... Banks is 7.5 yrs old and has a great energy level and breathing. Our boy, Nitschke... he was text book bulldog
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would have a tough time deciding on one! I would have to see personalities before I could make a decision. I agree with Sherry. I would wait until the puppy is at least 10 weeks old. I can't wait to see which one is yours!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads