Hello, I'm new here and have 2 same-litter male Bulldogs

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
After wanting an English BullDog for many years I decided since the career was finished, the kids are grown and on their own, the wife is approaching retirement (she says not retirement age though!) it was time to fill that desire. So one sunny summer friday afternoon the wife (Lori), myself (Bill) and my granddaughter Jasmine took a road trip to look at a bulldog that was shown at a flea market. There were two males left, I liked one- she liked the other - long story short they both came home with us. They may not live up to the "breeding standards" and due to their health issues it is not an option (breeding) we are willing to take, but nevertheless the boys are family and we wont trade them for the world, eh -(had to think) nope we wont trade 'em. We've had other dogs but I must say that Gomer (Pyle)and Vince (GySgt Carter) - yeah the guys from the TV show Gomer Pyle, are more of a challenge than the other guys were. They just turned 1 on January 6th, we got them the end of June, you'd think they have been training us for years. We tried to train them on our own and have admitted defeat so we are shopping for a knowledgeable trainer. Well thanks for listening and I'll be around asking a lot of questions so we can make sure we are doing the best we can for our boys.

Last edited:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Welcome, Bill, Vince, and Gomer!!! You have come to the right place for help caring for a bulldog. I have an English Bulldog, Zeus, that was a year old January 20 and a granddog bully, Dexter, that visits 2-3 days a week to play. Zeus is allergic to the world and Dexter is not allergic to anything. Dexter will be a year old in June. Dexter eats Fromm Beef frittata and has done great since the first day. Zeus has not tolerated anything and is very picky. I started feeding him raw and then Demodectic manage set in. We treated him for that for 2 months and was negative on his last visit a few days ago. For about 3 weeks now, we have been feeding him Ziwipeak. He seems to be tolerating it well, but still is not really interested in eating. English Bulldogs are a challenge with their health issues, but I knew that when we got Zeus. I had another one many years ago, but I did not handle his issues as well because I did not have EBN. The people here are very knowledgeable and are willing to help. Don't be afraid to jump right in and ask questions. Someone will come along soon that has the answers. Glad to have you as a new bully owner!!! We need pics of the two boys!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:welcome3: Bill, Gomer and Vince.

i really have to say Bill :pics:please post sme of gomer and Vince for us all to see your babies.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I love the boy's names! You'll find lots of good advice here. Hopefully your search for a good trainer is short. Sure would love to see lots of pics!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
[MENTION=8521]BullDogs[/MENTION], hi and welcome!
I also have two littermates, a boy and a girl. They will turn 2 at the end of May. It's been quite the adventure so far LOL and they are the loves of my life.
This forum is great and full of info!
hope to see pix of your boys soon :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN, Bill. Sounds to me like your training is coming along nicely and Im sure You and Lori make great minions to the boys. But Bill, I gotta tell ya, these folks here will tear ya up if ya dont get some pix posted.. LOL Get Lori signed up too. We need more couples (LariP is my better half) At any rate, EBN is the place to be for those owned by bullies. The knowledge base is vast and always ready to help. Enjoy the site and dont hesitate to ask questions.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and the WONDERFUL world of Bulldogs..... they are special and unique. No two are the same and they OWN you, just so you know.

Good luck with the training... keep us posted and :pics:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
A lot of bullies on this site are not the show type of dogs or the breeding standard but they are our babies all the same! Training can be a challenge to say the least but it can be done and as soon as I figure out how I will let you know;). Welcome to the site and please post pictures soon!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Very nice to meet you and hope we see some pics of these boys very soon!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!! :D one thing about bullies is they r stubborn. Haha I havent had bully babies, only teens and they work well for treats and snacks. Don't care much about pleasing people. Lol!

OP
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
Hi and thanks for the welcome! Yeah these guys motto is "It's not a holiday, it's an adventure". But in spite of the hassles and hardships they so lovingly share with us, we are basically following their lead. Although I previously thought the dogs were supposed to follow our lead. One way or another we get through the day! As soon as I figure out how to get around in here I will post pics. Hopefully the profile, avatar and signature pics worked!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Sorry I'm so late to this! What a wonderful intro! And yes..I love the names too! You're a brave soul getting two at once...but twice the love too! So glad you've joined the family and I know you will live it here! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.