Hello, Im Colossus and we are new here

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Howdy,
Im Colossus and my daddy Chris just adopted me two weeks ago. I was dropped off at an animal clinic and he wasted no time getting me. I am about three months of age with a great disposition but ornery to all get out. Time of the human to talk now.

We are new here, and Colossus is my first bulldog (first indoor pet, had a German Shepard as I was growing up). Lots of learning taking place these couple of weeks. Biggest of which is food. I started him out on Royal Canin Bulldog 30 as I heard good reviews about it, but as Im reading its really not that rated that high. So, what food could I bump him up to? I want good quality but not break the bank. Also what kind of treats? He seems to eat very well but his poo changes consistency, which makes me question if Im doing something wrong. He also attempts to scratch the side of his face after he gets done eating, would this be helped with some benadryl (he is also sometimes wheezy/phlegmy)? Im sure other questions will come to the front in time.

Regards,
Chris

Peek a boo.jpgWhat I did best.jpgGot that rope.jpg

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and little Colossus is just too cute, and looks so sweet. FROMM is a good all stage food and we also feed Natural Balance L.I.D. food which we have had good success with. The itching may just be his food and after you change him over it should stop. If he is not scratching too much I would not give the Benadryl. Thanks for the pics, jump in and make yourself at home.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Nice looking bully and welcome to the site. I am still relatively new to being owned by my bullies and just wanted to jump in and say welcome. Congratulations!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Welcome to EBN, Colossus and Chris! You will find plenty of helpful info here, especially re. food and diet, as well as just about everything else there is to know about raising a bully. Be sure to check out our Food and Nutrition section. Again, a big, warm :welcome3: to you!!

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
Welcome, Chris and Colossus! I'm a new Bulldog parent of 2 1/2 weeks. My girl will be 10 months old next Monday. I had a Boxer, Gimli, for almost ten years. Boxers also have their fair share of a learning curve. She passed from cancer last May. I'm learning a lot from this site! So much information. Colossus is adorable.

OP
RazrRila99

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
OH I should clarify on the benadryl thing - I have also thought about that cause (I forgot to put this in the original post, since been edited) he is snorting and seems to be fairly wheezy/phlegmy. Ive tried lemon juice but he doesnt like that.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Just wanted to say that Colossus is so cute and that I love the name! Food seems to be hit or miss depending on each individual bulldog so it is a lot of trial and error. A lot of people here like Fromm. I personally feed Taste of the Wild. As far as treats go I have had a lot of luck with Natural Balance L.I.T., Fruitables, and Sam's Yams. But the same with food, what is good for one bully may not be good for another.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Welcome to you both! Colossus is very handsome. Food is the hardest thing to pinpoint for most of us.. But you've gotten good recommendations..Jake is on Earthborne ..the Great Plains Feast (bison) and doing well..but you never know when I might have to switch again! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is great with food...

Glad you found us and wlcome to the family! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: He sure is a cutie!

Have you mentioned the wheezing to the vet? I ask because it might be just normal bully sounds, but it might also be that he has more restriction than is good for him, and they should be able to either ease your mind or give direction on what can be done to fix it if there is a problem.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Welcome Chris and Colossus, they are lovely I tired and he looks a real sweetie . I feed Ftse Royal Canine and I have found that it suits him good so far, if we had Fromme here I would probably change to that as most seem to really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs..... treats -- you can give frozen greens beans, carrots, blueberries or just use his kibble. as for the weezing, give him Benedryl 1 mg per pound of bully. and mention it at your next vet visit as you want to make sure it is just normal bully phlegm

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: great advice from everyone!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.