Hello, Im Colossus and we are new here

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome, your little one is adorable.

some hints about allergies. first, they aren't always from food. My Abby was allergic to plastics, so I had to use glass bowls, no squeaky toys etc... Also start to isolate things. One thing at a time. If you choose to change foods, do it very very slow, like a 1/4 at a time for a few days. Then once you are one 1 food and only 1, if things go well, introduce another item (treat) if you go back and forth often with different things, you can't isolate what is causing a reaction. It takes time and patience, but very worth it in the long run.
I would also have the vet ck out the noises. Lari is right it could be normal bulldog stuff or something else going on. Better safe then sorry. I would caution you about vets, from my experience they want to jump right in with both feet in giving (selling) you foods, medications or surgeries. Research is the key.

Welcome, this place is awesome for advice, glad you found us.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:welcome: to EBN, love love love Colossus color!!!!!!!!! Looks like you got all the advice you need above. We feed Bacon Fromm and use Fruitables for treats all the time but the crunchy ones not the chewy ones because they give Bacon :fart::fart::fart::fart:

OP
RazrRila99

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Thank you everyone for all the advice. Colossus and I both very much appreciate it. We are switching over to Fromm Four Star this weekend (well starting as we run through the last of the Royal Canin), starting with the chicken (also getting a small bag of beef frittata and Surf and Turf once we get on the chicken).

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Welcome to EBN. Abbey and I are newbies also. We have found really great information on this site and really nice people, glad you have also. Sounds like you are off to a great start taking care of Colossus!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome to EBN.....Collosus is adorable......I have a Forde, that will be 4 in june......He was on royal canin...but noticed that he started licking his paws...so I switched him to blue buffalo grain free....which with it nothing changed, still licking his paws constantly....In the last month I have started switching him over to blue buffalo lamb and rice and happy to report that most of the paw licking has stopped....so from reading post on EBN and seeing how he's doing now I think maybe the chicken in the other foods was bothering him......time will tell...if not I am looking into feeding him raw :)

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Oh wow! Is Colossus ever handsome! He'll outgrow a lot of stuff since he is, afterall, only 3 months old. You have to let him know who's the boss. I don't have advice as to food because I've been feeding the ladies raw since they were 4 and 6 months old, respectively.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello there and :welcome: to ebn. sounds like allergies for sure with the scratching and phlem stuff. just be sure to only change one thing at a time or add one thing at a time then you can isolate the issue should there be one. benadryl is good for allergies and is the most used here i believe. :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have nothing to add to what's been posted, but just wanted to welcome you to EBN! It's a wonderful site.

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
Hi and welcome. I am also looking for another food to give my guys. When I first got the boys I had them on Hills Science Diet, and they both had issues with it, so then I went to Purina Pro Plan, again not a favorable food for them. So I switched to the Royal Canin 30 till they first birthday, now have them on the Royal Canin 24. It appears to be an all right food for Vince, he is a healthy looking, strong guy with no apparent issues, while Gomer on the other hand has blotches where his fur is missing, and it doesnt seem to grow back. Vet checked but can't find the skin issue cause. If anyone has any ideas of a food to try let me know! Anywya, nice meeting you Chris and Colossus.

OP
RazrRila99

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Ok, I have to show off a few more pictures. Its been about three weeks since I picked up Colossus. Hes grown so much so quickly. I apologize of they come across too big.

Tuckered out.jpgColossus.jpgIts play time.jpg

Most Reactions