New puppy parents!

lthegreat

Mar 30, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybelle
maybelle.jpgimage (1).jpg

My husband and I are proud new puppy parents to Maybelle. She is 9 weeks old and a ball full of energy. The biggest issue we are having right now is her tearing apart her puppy pads. She did so well the first few days at home going potty on them but now all she wants to do is bite them and tear it to shreds. But other than that our girl is doing very well and giving us lots of love & laughter :havemyheart:

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
She is so precious! I did not have any problems with chewing but I am sure someone will be along shortly to help. Hope to see more pictures soon!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi there! Maybelle is simply beautiful! what a sweet girl. Chewing puppy pads to shreds was something my boys went thru as well. She will grow out of it once the teething issues pass. A firm "no" if you catch her chewing the pad is a good start. You can also spray bitter apple on the pad and that may deter her from wanting to put it in her mouth.

Welcome to EBN!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She's beautiful!! Welcome!! Great idea [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], I use duct tape lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
SHE IS GORGEOUS!! :welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
She is gorgeous. If you plan to eventually train the pup to potty outside then personally I would skip the potty pads because you will basically have to retrain to go outside. We tried the potty pads alongside outside training with my wife's maltese and he too would sometimes use them but would tear up more than he would use so we dismissed them altogether. With Ace, our bulldog, I started from the get go outside only. Sometimes living situations necessitate potty pads but if not I would skip them. But if potty pads are necessary maybe someone will come along and give some advice on how to limit your pup tearing them up.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:2thumbs: Looks like you got something real special :2thumbs: and :smileywelcome: [MENTION=8483]lthegreat[/MENTION]

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
What a cutie-pie! I would suggest that if you live in a house, try to walk her outside to do her business rather than using the wee-wee pads. We trained Liz on one of those fake grass thingys and it did not work out well. When she got old enough to go outside, she'd come in a pee on the fake grass instead of going outside. If you are concerned because she has not gotten all her shots, just walk her on the leash and bring her straight back in.

If, however, you live in an apartment, you probably need to use the wee-wee pads. In that case, perhaps you could limit access to them except when YOU want her to go on them. Maybe set up a partition of some kinds so she is not allowed to go there unless it is to do her business.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.