Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Bode is a beautiful looking Bullie and he seems to enjoy that snow, I can't believe how thick it is Ftse would just love it.

OP
bodebull

bodebull

Mar 27, 2013
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bode
image.jpgHe looks good but they want to keep him for another overnight. They said very protective of leg and wouldn't let anyone near it.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wonderful that all went well, continued prayers that recuperation is speedy
and uneventful. What a handsome boy!
:heart:

OP
bodebull

bodebull

Mar 27, 2013
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bode
Day 1 in the books, how many more to go? It's amazing to us that as soon as we got home he wanted to run, jump, and everything else! He doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact he had surgery! Except for the fact of bandage and shaved leg, he is old self(eating, walking, potty). [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Day 1 in the books, how many more to go? It's amazing to us that as soon as we got home he wanted to run, jump, and everything else! He doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact he had surgery! Except for the fact of bandage and shaved leg, he is old self(eating, walking, potty). @cali~jenn @JeannieCO @sheshistory @2BullyMama
yeah, that's the hard part. He will think he is fixed and not understand why he can't party. Keeping them content and locked down is pure torture. 6 weeks of lockdown right? I don't envy you right now. :lol: was the worst part for us by far. Glad he is dong so well!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Glad everything went great - but do keep him calm and quiet as possible since overdoing it could result in additional surgery!

Good boy Bode! Get better soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Day 1 in the books, how many more to go? It's amazing to us that as soon as we got home he wanted to run, jump, and everything else! He doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact he had surgery! Except for the fact of bandage and shaved leg, he is old self(eating, walking, potty).

That is a bulldog for you... stubborn as can be.... try to keep him settled as much *** you can

Hugs and prayers for a quick recovery

fosteroni

Feb 24, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Foster (3); Harley (2002 - 2010)
Hi Rick! Our first Bully had this happen to his rear ACL and our vet performed the "easiest" of the surgeries. Although Harley was a larger Bully, at 62 lbs, the lowest surgery works for EB because they are not considered a sporting dog; thus, typically don't put as much wear and tear on their ACL. I live near Denver, CO, so our vet sent us to have a second opinion to the Alameda West vet - that is the one that is on the Animal Planet - and they said the same thing. I only mention this because they are one incredible network of vets there!! They know their stuff! It was so nice to have them confirm what our vet said, but then to have our trusted vet perform the surgery near our home.
As others have said, the hardest part was keeping him from jumping afterwards. One of the downsides to the lower of the three surgeries was that Harley had joint problems later in life. We helped him with this by giving him daily arthritis supplements.

If I think of anything else I will write more, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! I have no problems sharing our experience with our ACL experience. Good luck with Bode!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Day 1 in the books, how many more to go? It's amazing to us that as soon as we got home he wanted to run, jump, and everything else! He doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact he had surgery! Except for the fact of bandage and shaved leg, he is old self(eating, walking, potty). [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

That's great news! How long did the vet recommend for recovery? Ace was 4-6 months. Since he did have a TPLO it's REALLY important, and I mean REALLY important, that Bode not exert himself. That was the hardest part I had with Ace, all he wanted to do was run and play a couple of weeks later but the bone/screws are not healed.

I'm telling ya, Ace was like the bionic dog after he had his TPLOs. It's such an intrusive surgery but one with outstanding results.

OP
bodebull

bodebull

Mar 27, 2013
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bode
Thank you for input. Please keep it coming. So his preop angle was 29 degrees. He has to go back @ 2,6,and (10 weeks to recheck radiographs). Right now they just gave a blanket recovery time of 8-12 weeks. We have been using short-leash outside and told family and friends no visits b/c he gets amped up whenever people come over. It's definitely going to be trying but he has been very good so far! I also get a workout, carrying him up and down stairs!!

OP
bodebull

bodebull

Mar 27, 2013
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bode
Today is one week since our little guy had surgery. He seems to be doing good and we have adjusted our ways of not letting him jump and run. We are going back to Doctor next Tuesday for 2 week check. Knock on wood, he hasn't gone after leg( trying to lick or bite). So we'll keep updates coming. Thank you all for support!!!!:clap2:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Are you keeping him confined to a room or crate? How r you managing this? Was such a challenge for us cuz we have the other 2 pups so they HAD to be totally separated the whole time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online