Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Shari and Miss Lucy

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello from Shari and Miss Lucy

I reread what you said about finding a vet. Have you checked the Vet finder on this site? These are mostly vets that have been recommended by members. Bullies are definately different animals and take a bit of understanding on the vets part. Most vets are not good dietitians either so Im not surprised and the answer you got about grains. Again, EBN has a Food Rating list made by bully people. Most of the vets only want to sell what food they have,(often Science Diet, because it sounds official) lol. If you need some help with diet I suggest you start a separate threat in the appropriate forum and you will get some very good help.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I reread what you said about finding a vet. Have you checked the Vet finder on this site? These are mostly vets that have been recommended by members. Bullies are definately different animals and take a bit of understanding on the vets part. Most vets are not good dietitians either so Im not surprised and the answer you got about grains. Again, EBN has a Food Rating list made by bully people. Most of the vets only want to sell what food they have,(often Science Diet, because it sounds official) lol. If you need some help with diet I suggest you start a separate threat in the appropriate forum and you will get some very good help.
    You are so right, Bruce! The fact that most vets carry Science Diet in their practices was the first indication I had they knew little about nutrition! I think they get quite a kick back from the company. I wish we could do more to educate them. I heard from one vet that they had half a semester in nutrition while in veterinary school. She's a vet who has made pet nutrition her life's work. She's taught me so much!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Two
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions. My internet was out late last night and this morning, so I'm just now getting back on. I added a pic of Lucy for my profile pic; it shows up on my profile, but not my posts. I'll play with it a bit more.

I'm looking forward to reading through many of the threads. I will add (I hope I didn't go into this in my OP) the Vet suggested I stick with proteins other than chicken. She said said BDs usually do better with proteins like lamb, duck, or venison. This probably goes in another thread, but I was feeding Nutra Naturals young adult as that is what the breeder was feeding her (I have no idea what her former owner was feeding her; breeder only had her back a week when we picked her up). I picked up some lamb Nature's Logic. I'm just adding a small amount to the Naturals. I see a lot of people feed Fromms. I'm in a smaller community and none of the stores carry it; however, I don't mind ordering.

Again, thanks...now on to the food/nutrition area.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Natures logic is an excellent food! Awesome stuff, I love it. I just prefer Fromm. Welcome!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi Shari and Lucy-Goosey! Welcome to the wonderful world of EBN. I know many bullies cannot tolerate chicken d/t allergies. You'll find lots of info here re. food allergies, diet, amongst many other topics.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)