New here and totally new to bulldogs...

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
So. My name is Melanie and Norman is my bulldog. He is a rescue and I don't have a lot of info on his past. I was told he's 3. He was chained in a yard with another dog, no food, water, or shelter. My friend's co-worker saw the dogs, told the owner he'd like to take them, and was told, " go ahead. I was going to put them down anyway." The other dog was too far gone and had to be put down humanely. Norm got several baths and a nail trim and headed home with my friend. Any way... to get to the point, they couldn't keep him, I took him and I have no clue about bulldogs. But I'm a quick study and can't wait. I do know that Norm was someone's baby at some point... He's house broken, walks on a leash and is just so mellow and wonderful. I wish I knew how he came to be in such a bad place. So I need the idiot's guided crash course...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow! I'd say you are Norman's guardian angel. How wonderful of you. Having rescued quite a few dogs of different breeds, straight from the streets, I have to tell you that you will be loved by him forever. you have found the perfect place. There are so many great experienced people here..and just ask..read and before you know it...you will be helping others. They say dogs don't live in the past..Just the present. All I know is Norman needs you to teach him how to trust and love. Take it slow and steady. Before you know it, he will have that paw forever around your heart. :)

OP
MelanieNormansMom
Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
He's such an amazing sweet guy already. He's settling right in-i have a jack Russell, 4 cats, a hamster, and 2 young girls- he acts like he's been here all along.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so happy he has found you! Like an angel put you together, he needed you, i bet you needed him, so meant to be!

Hope we can help you with whatever questions you have. Can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hello Melanie :welcome3: to EBN, glad you and Norman joined!! Thank you for rescuing him and giving and a great forever home :) looking forward to pictures of Norman, we are all about pictures and helping each other here :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GOD blessed you & Norman by putting you together and HE will continue
to do so. Thank you for taking him in and providing for him...Welcome!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
smileywelcome.gif
Melanie and Norman, Thank you for taking him in and to give him his forever home and be loved. please post some pictures of Norman for us to see

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN, Mel. THIS is the place for bulldog information and help!! You could read the articles for weeks. Any immediate problems, just ask. There is so many members willing to help that it doesnt take long for someone to respond. Thanx for joining and I hope you will participate in the activities. :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my this just breaks my heart but im glad that norman has you. cant wait to see pics and hear stories of his continuing to get better. :2thumbs:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Praise god Norman found someone like you. Welcome, this is the right place to be for lot's of information.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Melanie!! :welcome3: to EBN and the most WONDERFUL world of Bulldogs!

Thank you so much for giving him a new loving life.... we are all here to help each other with some fun along the way. Looking forward to pictures of Norman

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I agree!!! Welcome and we need some pics of Norman

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!! How wonderful of you to be able to show him what bully love is!! Always breaks my heart to hear such horrific things about how these babies can be neglected and abused. I will never understand. Bless your friend for stepping in and saving the 2 pups! Don't be shy. We love pics and have many who have experienced a little of everything so any questions you have we can answer.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:smileywelcome: to EBN, that's so great that you were able to give Norman a second lease on life in his new furever home.
:pics:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online