Please allow me to re--introduce myself

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well welcome back and ive believe we have already spoke :). oh im no good as sarah is overweight also. its so hard to cut them back as they get so hungry and insistant to eat lol. as with humans id say cutting back the food and excercise should do the trick. perhaps cut the food and add some white rice instead.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
TexasCarol -thanks so much for the great advise! We are a green bean lovin family, that is FOR SURE!
We took Momo to a "bulldog" vet (as opposed to a 'regular' vet) and he said last year something about cutting back on her food wouldn't make a difference in her weight, only exercise would. Now this guy was short, but he was a daily swimmer and in excellent shape - but I had never been told that by a vet...any ideas?

Let's see what she weighs in at on 3-30, I'll keep ya'll posted.

P.S. I can't imagine a bulldog with greenbeans in their belly! OMG the gas has got to be unbelievable....Hell, it's bad now without the green beans.

Welcome back! Along with the green beans, broccoli is really good for them, my vet recommended to me to give as treats (if I felt the need to give treats) instead of dog biscuits etc. With the weight for my bully anyway he suggested a lower protein dog food something 23% or below. Let us know how you make out on the 30th.....

OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Thanks everyone for the advise, support, and warm welcome backs. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Members online

No members online now.