my new bulldog puppy

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
You've been given lots of great advice already, so I'll just add my :welcome:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I just want to:smileywelcome: you and Booba to EBN as there is plenty advice above.

Booba is so beautiful and she is so wrinkly I just love her look in the picture.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
:smileywelcome: Booda is adorable. I think bulldogs are born with the stink eye pissed off look :drawheart:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I also want to welcome you to EBN. You've received great advice, so all I'd add is "Booba" is one of the cutest pups I've seen. Just love the wrinkles. :D

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Welcome to the Bully world. Pickle chews on her toys with the exception of me; well I guess I'm a big toy to her. She does investigate other things to put in her mouth but after many corrections she has moved her interest to just her things. It just takes time. I have trained Pickle to use a litter box while I'm not at home but she prefers to go outside to do her business. She has even gotten into the practice of waking me up if she has to go outside. I'm not sure where she learned that one?

It just takes time and patience for them to learn.
Also, learn her body language when she has to go. She still makes mistakes but they are getting further apart as we learn. They are very smart animals and food does wonders in encouraging them to do the right thing.

frankie

Mar 14, 2013
San Clemente, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie
Hi! This is part of the breed! Bully's are VERY trainable via treats!!! Positive reinforcement is a must!! They are very sensitive. You can not get mad or punish any dog unless you see them doing the act itself, then you can tell them no, pick her up and place her where she needs to be doing her business and then reward. I literally hammer my treats into tiny pieces so my girl isn't over treated. The biting of hands is also super normal. I have my girl trained with saying easy and she knows to go softly. Also, when they are puppies they have sewing needle sharp teeth!!! As far as being dangerous, NO WAY!! This breed has the sweetest dogs ever!! Get ready for a lot of laughs! They have the funnest personalities!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: glad you joined us! Sorry I am so late to the welcome wagon!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
B

booba

Mar 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
booba
thanks you all so much, and sorry so late , just learned how to follow up on my posts.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.