New Bulldog owner

frankie

Mar 14, 2013
San Clemente, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie
Hello everyone! My name is Kelli and my new babies name is Frankie. She is a 17 month old english bulldog whom I have been the mommy to for only 3 months. She had two homes before me and I assure you, this is her last! I love this little girl so much! I was not looking to even own a dog, but I could not let her live in the conditions that she was in, so I took her. Her first owner was a real looser. He wanted her for status not for love. He would leave her in a kennel for DAYS only coming home every couple of days to give her food and water. She was then taken in by his ex who I am friends with. She however had 4 dogs and one was pregnant, then had 7 making Frankie the 8th. The momma dog would attack her all the time so she was either left in a kennel or outside. That is when I stepped in. I live alone with one old cat. I immediately got Frankie into a puppy training. Her aggression was unbelievable , she has made a world of change in three months but I am still working on it. She has also finally learned that I will always take her out to potty so she no longer pee pee's in her kennel. She is very anxiety ridden and still very territorial. At home she is fine, when I go to my mom's it is another story. I am hoping she comes around. I took her to a puppy play day place and had her groomed, nails done and play time only to pick her up because she had a bloody nose from being so stressed out. I felt horrible, I wanted her to have a day at the spa, but only feel as if I tortured her! She isn't much of a cuddlier but she sits right next to me, follows me everywhere and kisses non-stop! I still have yet to find a toy she can not destroy in 20 minutes. I also had her spayed because one I am not a breeder and two to lower her chances of breast cancer. I am looking forward to learning more about her and her breed and finding help with in this amazing community!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN.... THANK YOU so much for giving her a chance at a new life!

Give her time, you have made great strides with her in the three months so continue to introduce new things to her slowly... like the spa day... maybe only nails, then a bath next time, then for play day... do an hour and build up to may be a half day. She has to learn to be socialized and you can get her there, in time.

Keep up the great work... and please post some pictures.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome Kelli and Frankie! It sounds like you have brought Frankie a long way towards having a normal life! My boys really like chewing NylaBones. I found a toy for our puppy made by HARD CORE called Fire Hose. It is the closest thing to a "soft" toy we can have here because Ruggles shreds and eats anything he can!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Hope to see some pics of Frankie soon. Sounds like she had a tough start at life, but good thing you took her in.

london

Jan 15, 2013
highland indiana
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
london
Welcome I am a new bull dog owner to. London is 16 months old. We got her at 3 months. This is a wonder bread from what i can tell so far. Not so sure how to handle a dog that has not been loved. Im sure you have lot of patiens. Best of luck there is alot of good advise and funny pictures on here. :droolers:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Hello everyone! My name is Kelli and my new babies name is Frankie. She is a 17 month old english bulldog whom I have been the mommy to for only 3 months. She had two homes before me and I assure you, this is her last! I love this little girl so much! I was not looking to even own a dog, but I could not let her live in the conditions that she was in, so I took her. Her first owner was a real looser. He wanted her for status not for love. He would leave her in a kennel for DAYS only coming home every couple of days to give her food and water. She was then taken in by his ex who I am friends with. She however had 4 dogs and one was pregnant, then had 7 making Frankie the 8th. The momma dog would attack her all the time so she was either left in a kennel or outside. That is when I stepped in. I live alone with one old cat. I immediately got Frankie into a puppy training. Her aggression was unbelievable , she has made a world of change in three months but I am still working on it. She has also finally learned that I will always take her out to potty so she no longer pee pee's in her kennel. She is very anxiety ridden and still very territorial. At home she is fine, when I go to my mom's it is another story. I am hoping she comes around. I took her to a puppy play day place and had her groomed, nails done and play time only to pick her up because she had a bloody nose from being so stressed out. I felt horrible, I wanted her to have a day at the spa, but only feel as if I tortured her! She isn't much of a cuddlier but she sits right next to me, follows me everywhere and kisses non-stop! I still have yet to find a toy she can not destroy in 20 minutes. I also had her spayed because one I am not a breeder and two to lower her chances of breast cancer. I am looking forward to learning more about her and her breed and finding help with in this amazing community!!

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Thanks for having such an awesome heart, and yes, definitely post pictures!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
:welcome3: this is the best place ever..

I know where your coming from with my bulldogs didn't have the best start...

Don't forget to check out the member spotlight you'll learn a lot and post some pics :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for taking her in and giving her a fur-ever home. Kong makes some good toys that last a long time. Looking forward in seeing pics of her.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:welcome: to EBN Kelli & Frankie, glad you joined! Thank you for taking Frankie in and giving her a better life :) would love to see pictures of her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GOD sees these acts of kindness, compassion & love & rewards accordingly.

Bless you for giving her a home and a chance for redemption.

I adopted a 4 y/o with much the same story. It does take time & patience for
trust to fully develop between you, when it does, you'll see her blossom into
a different bully. Sounds like you've got what it takes to make it happen.

OP
frankie

frankie

Mar 14, 2013
San Clemente, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie
I am having issues uploading photos...... hmmm? But wanted to thank everyone for such wonderful and kind words!! It feels so amazing! I hope to be able to post photos soon!

Attachments

• 74905_10151630335304196_1384508525_n.jpg
    74905_10151630335304196_1384508525_n.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 129

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I am having issues uploading photos...... hmmm? But wanted to thank everyone for such wonderful and kind words!! It feels so amazing! I hope to be able to post photos soon!

Oh such a pretty boy <3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN..... So great of you to take Frankie in. We are glad you joined and will help whenever we can with any problems that arise.
For your pix..... I use photo bucket for my pix and then copy/paste the link here in the post. That seems to work the best for me. Hope you enjoy the site :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi Kelli and welcome to you and Frankie. Bless you for saving her and giving her a second chance at a normal loving home, you won't regret it. Bullies are an amazing breed so loyal and loving and they have the best personalities. Enjoy. You'll love this site there's lots of great information and great people to give advice. Just give her time to learn stuff she didn't get a chance to and to trust you and she will turn around. I have never understood why people get dogs just to tie them up outside, or kennel them, dogs should be treated as part of your family and they are like babies, dependant on you for everything, it is a lifetime commitment, and what you get in Return is unconditional love and loyalty. I'm glad she found you. You're her skin angel

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.