Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bulldog owner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Frankie
    Likes (Received)

Default New Bulldog owner

Hello everyone! My name is Kelli and my new babies name is Frankie. She is a 17 month old english bulldog whom I have been the mommy to for only 3 months. She had two homes before me and I assure you, this is her last! I love this little girl so much! I was not looking to even own a dog, but I could not let her live in the conditions that she was in, so I took her. Her first owner was a real looser. He wanted her for status not for love. He would leave her in a kennel for DAYS only coming home every couple of days to give her food and water. She was then taken in by his ex who I am friends with. She however had 4 dogs and one was pregnant, then had 7 making Frankie the 8th. The momma dog would attack her all the time so she was either left in a kennel or outside. That is when I stepped in. I live alone with one old cat. I immediately got Frankie into a puppy training. Her aggression was unbelievable , she has made a world of change in three months but I am still working on it. She has also finally learned that I will always take her out to potty so she no longer pee pee's in her kennel. She is very anxiety ridden and still very territorial. At home she is fine, when I go to my mom's it is another story. I am hoping she comes around. I took her to a puppy play day place and had her groomed, nails done and play time only to pick her up because she had a bloody nose from being so stressed out. I felt horrible, I wanted her to have a day at the spa, but only feel as if I tortured her! She isn't much of a cuddlier but she sits right next to me, follows me everywhere and kisses non-stop! I still have yet to find a toy she can not destroy in 20 minutes. I also had her spayed because one I am not a breeder and two to lower her chances of breast cancer. I am looking forward to learning more about her and her breed and finding help with in this amazing community!!

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Keep up the great work and your baby will come good. Any pictures ?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Bulldog owner

Hello and welcome to EBN.... THANK YOU so much for giving her a chance at a new life!

Give her time, you have made great strides with her in the three months so continue to introduce new things to her slowly... like the spa day... maybe only nails, then a bath next time, then for play day... do an hour and build up to may be a half day. She has to learn to be socialized and you can get her there, in time.

Keep up the great work... and please post some pictures.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Kelli and Frankie! It sounds like you have brought Frankie a long way towards having a normal life! My boys really like chewing NylaBones. I found a toy for our puppy made by HARD CORE called Fire Hose. It is the closest thing to a "soft" toy we can have here because Ruggles shreds and eats anything he can!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Hope to see some pics of Frankie soon. Sounds like she had a tough start at life, but good thing you took her in.

Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    london
    Likes (Received)

Welcome I am a new bull dog owner to. London is 16 months old. We got her at 3 months. This is a wonder bread from what i can tell so far. Not so sure how to handle a dog that has not been loved. Im sure you have lot of patiens. Best of luck there is alot of good advise and funny pictures on here.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankie View Post
    Hello everyone! My name is Kelli and my new babies name is Frankie. She is a 17 month old english bulldog whom I have been the mommy to for only 3 months. She had two homes before me and I assure you, this is her last! I love this little girl so much! I was not looking to even own a dog, but I could not let her live in the conditions that she was in, so I took her. Her first owner was a real looser. He wanted her for status not for love. He would leave her in a kennel for DAYS only coming home every couple of days to give her food and water. She was then taken in by his ex who I am friends with. She however had 4 dogs and one was pregnant, then had 7 making Frankie the 8th. The momma dog would attack her all the time so she was either left in a kennel or outside. That is when I stepped in. I live alone with one old cat. I immediately got Frankie into a puppy training. Her aggression was unbelievable , she has made a world of change in three months but I am still working on it. She has also finally learned that I will always take her out to potty so she no longer pee pee's in her kennel. She is very anxiety ridden and still very territorial. At home she is fine, when I go to my mom's it is another story. I am hoping she comes around. I took her to a puppy play day place and had her groomed, nails done and play time only to pick her up because she had a bloody nose from being so stressed out. I felt horrible, I wanted her to have a day at the spa, but only feel as if I tortured her! She isn't much of a cuddlier but she sits right next to me, follows me everywhere and kisses non-stop! I still have yet to find a toy she can not destroy in 20 minutes. I also had her spayed because one I am not a breeder and two to lower her chances of breast cancer. I am looking forward to learning more about her and her breed and finding help with in this amazing community!!
    Wow, that's pretty amazing. Thanks for having such an awesome heart, and yes, definitely post pictures!

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

this is the best place ever..

I know where your coming from with my bulldogs didn't have the best start...

Don't forget to check out the member spotlight you'll learn a lot and post some pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    I them so much!!!! My life has changed so much since 7/2011
    Colonel 5 yrs old (2011 - Current) -- Ella May 3 yrs old (2012 - Current)
    RIP~ Bebe (2011-2014) 9 yrs old

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and bless you for taking her in and giving her a fur-ever home. Kong makes some good toys that last a long time. Looking forward in seeing pics of her.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

to EBN Kelli & Frankie, glad you joined! Thank you for taking Frankie in and giving her a better life would love to see pictures of her.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

GOD sees these acts of kindness, compassion & love & rewards accordingly.

Bless you for giving her a home and a chance for redemption.

I adopted a 4 y/o with much the same story. It does take time & patience for
    trust to fully develop between you, when it does, you'll see her blossom into
    a different bully. Sounds like you've got what it takes to make it happen.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Frankie
    Likes (Received)

I am having issues uploading photos...... hmmm? But wanted to thank everyone for such wonderful and kind words!! It feels so amazing! I hope to be able to post photos soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -74905_10151630335304196_1384508525_n-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads