Finally, after 3 years, we found a great vet!

SquareDog

Mar 10, 2013
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Loupotamus
Hi all!

I'm Melissa, the mom of a 3-year old bulldog named Lou.

I'm new to the forum and have been frustrated beyond measure by three years of bouncing from vet to vet who claimed to be bulldog focused, but just kept changing things around and Lou just stayed the same.

We finally found a really great vet in Philadelphia at Center City Veterinarian. Both Dr. Cohen and the other Dr, whose name escapes me right now, were amazing.

We now give Lou:

2 Allertecs a day (generic Zyrtec) (1 am and 1 pm)
1 Fish oil tablet once a day

When we take him to the kennel - we also give him flora to help with digestion - because he gets to nervous that he worries himself sick.

I hope that helps other people in this forum.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and glad you found a good bully vet. They are are to find sometimes. If your bully is having allergy problems, sometimes it's what they eat. What food are you feeding him? Plus we would love to see some pics of your baby.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
It really makes a difference when you find a vet who knows this breed, doesn't it? I am so glad you told us about the flora for nervous stomach. We haven't had to board Mabel yet, but our bulldog vet has a boarding service. I will be more comfortable leaving her there than with anyone else.

i love Lou's name! Post a picture so we can see her!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi all!

I'm Melissa, the mom of a 3-year old bulldog named Lou.

I'm new to the forum and have been frustrated beyond measure by three years of bouncing from vet to vet who claimed to be bulldog focused, but just kept changing things around and Lou just stayed the same.

We finally found a really great vet in Philadelphia at Center City Veterinarian. Both Dr. Cohen and the other Dr, whose name escapes me right now, were amazing.

We now give Lou:

2 Allertecs a day (generic Zyrtec) (1 am and 1 pm)
1 Fish oil tablet once a day

When we take him to the kennel - we also give him flora to help with digestion - because he gets to nervous that he worries himself sick.

I hope that helps other people in this forum.

:smileywelcome: to the site !!! good to know you found good vets and something that works for you best friend. I live just west of Philly . right off the turnpike at the Reading exchange . Glad to see a fellow PA member here. Wasn't just the most beautiful day today. We enjoyed it thoroughly

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: I hope to see more of you and Loupotamus around here. Especially some pics of Lou!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Thanx for joining. It would be nice to know a bit more about your baby's allergy issues. Many times it is diet related with bullys. Let's talk about it; start a thread in the General Bulldog Talk forum and we'll see if we can help..... its what we do here..... help each other by pooling the knowledge and exprience of the members. Would also love to see some pix of the little darling.. lol ;)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:smileywelcome:to you and Lou, can't wait to see pics of your bully. If you like going to events there is a meetup in NJ right near Philly on Sunday the 28th of April.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to you and Lou! I am Philly born/raised and now live MW of the city above Valley Forge... [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] is also in Center City.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Welcome neighbor!!! We live in center city.. if you ever need help with your bully please contact me.. We have a wonderful vet that we take Duke to for general things and also a great allergist oh and opthamologist ! lol:lmaogirl: he has had a lot of issues , we finally had eyes fixed and his allergies have been under control for almost 2 1/2 years now!

Glad you found your way here!! :buddies2:

OP
SquareDog

SquareDog

Mar 10, 2013
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Loupotamus
Thanks Baby Duke. What vet do you use? Also, do you have any boarding recommendations? We use Perfect Pooch in King of Prussia now, but could really use one closer. Unfortunately Lou has a tough time in the kennel, so it's really important to me that they understand how to keep him in check. He's a bit people possessive which causes some aggression issues in kennels if he's given too much attention and love by the staff.

OP
SquareDog

SquareDog

Mar 10, 2013
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Loupotamus
Oh, since everyone asked - here are some photos of Lou:

207552_10150216275305832_321102925831_8544405_4949269_n.jpg2012-12-11 14.28.32.jpg2012-11-09 00.01.32.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 103

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online