Hello from WV!!

StarChild

Feb 28, 2013
West Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm thinking Dozer :)
Hello! I just want to say in advance...I have no idea if Im doing this right, or posting in the right spot!! I registered this morning and just jumped in!
I'm just now starting to prepare for the process of getting our bulldog baby, so I have lots to learn and thought this would be a good place to start! Lets see...introductions...my husband and I had children at a young age and now they are starting to 'leave the nest' so we have been talking about getting a bulldog for about a year now...we were waiting until the kids grew up lol. We have been looking for breeders for the past few months, carefully reviewing different sites and learning all we can before making a decision. Some say I'm taking this research stage a little too far, but I dont think you can be too prepared! Im excited to be starting the search for our new baby! My goal is to have everything he needs all set up and ready before we even find him...we just got our first bulldog item yesterday (yes, I know he's a dog, but shouldnt he have a baby book before he comes home?!) *silly grin*

Anyway...I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! Looking forward to learning how to use your site!

Star

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well welcome to the site. You can never be too careful when looking for a reputable breeder. There are too many puppy mills and scammers out there. So it is good to do your home work. Plus it's not silly to get things for your future bully, because he's not a dog, he's your bully.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:dancing:

Great job on the intro! And bravo for doing your research first! Funny hw many of us get Bully's after our skin kids leave! It probably has a psychological meaning..but we are all nuts anyway...so who cares!

Have fun..explore and read. Come get me if you need anything! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the WONDERFUL world of Bulldogs!!

Based on your tenacity and eagerness (aka obsession) you are going to fit right in with all of us!

:welcome3:

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Hello! I just want to say in advance...I have no idea if Im doing this right, or posting in the right spot!! I registered this morning and just jumped in!
I'm just now starting to prepare for the process of getting our bulldog baby, so I have lots to learn and thought this would be a good place to start! Lets see...introductions...my husband and I had children at a young age and now they are starting to 'leave the nest' so we have been talking about getting a bulldog for about a year now...we were waiting until the kids grew up lol. We have been looking for breeders for the past few months, carefully reviewing different sites and learning all we can before making a decision. Some say I'm taking this research stage a little too far, but I dont think you can be too prepared! Im excited to be starting the search for our new baby! My goal is to have everything he needs all set up and ready before we even find him...we just got our first bulldog item yesterday (yes, I know he's a dog, but shouldnt he have a baby book before he comes home?!) *silly grin*

Anyway...I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! Looking forward to learning how to use your site!

Star

Welcome to the site! I join for the same reason you did and these people are awesome with advice. Glad to see another WV Bully!!

Like many have already said always do research before you get anything, especially a pet. That surprises me when people don't reasearch.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=8270]StarChild[/MENTION] :smileywelcome: when it comes to our baby bully's , it's hard not to over do it:2thumbs:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Are you prepared to learn to type with a bulldog sprawled across your lap? Or licking you to get you to pay attention to her rather than the computer screen? Because that's what you have to look forward to if your new baby is anything like HRH.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and Welcome! So glad you joined us :) You will learn everything you need to know from this site :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:welcome3: to EBN ... you are doing things exactly right by doing research and being completely prepared before you bring your new little bullie-baby home :2thumbs:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
"Some say I'm taking this research stage a little too far, but I dont think you can be too prepared! Im excited to be starting the search for our new baby! My goal is to have everything he needs all set up and ready before we even find him...we just got our first bulldog item yesterday (yes, I know he's a dog, but shouldnt he have a baby book before he comes home?!)"

You'll find out quickly...there is nothing too 'over the top' for these bully crazed
nutbags...nothing
:droolers::droolers::droolers: so indulge yourself, we certainly do!

We just got a new member from WV and my late Hubby's Mother & Father were
from Hurricane, WV...still have lots of family there, beautiful country! GOD bless!!

- - - Updated - - -

"Some say I'm taking this research stage a little too far, but I dont think you can be too prepared! Im excited to be starting the search for our new baby! My goal is to have everything he needs all set up and ready before we even find him...we just got our first bulldog item yesterday (yes, I know he's a dog, but shouldnt he have a baby book before he comes home?!)"

You'll find out quickly...there is nothing too 'over the top' for these bully crazed
nutbags...nothing
:droolers::droolers::droolers: so indulge yourself, we certainly do!

We just got a new member from WV and my late Hubby's Mother & Father were
from Hurricane, WV...still have lots of family there, beautiful country! GOD bless!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!! I think you will fit in just fine. Lol planning ahead for bullies is the best, they r very unique and many don't now what they r getting when they bring one home. ;)

OP
S

StarChild

Feb 28, 2013
West Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm thinking Dozer :)
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! I have been reading through the postings on and off all day...already I have learned a few useful tips!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. There is a wealth of info here for you to learn from and what you dont find just ask. This site is based on the premise of helping others have a possitive experience with their bully. Be prepared to be totally OWNED by the most wonderful breed of dog there is. They are not your normal dog but we wouldnt want it any other way. Enjoy the website and please make yourself at home and participate. Thanx for joining. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online