xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Hello everyone,
This is Pickle and she arrived on Valentines day. She is 11 weeks old and we are in the process of 1. litter box training 2. switching our food from Nutrisource to Fromm (Four Star Game Bird Recope dry dog food). She loves her new food and hits the litter box 80% of the time. Although she like to poop in private, she waits until I leave the room before she goes for some reason. I want her to get use to the new surrounding before we start other training. She is my first puppy and I think things are going well - for now. She is very pleasant and a snuggle monster - follows me everywhere I go.
IMG_0193.jpgIMG_0191.jpg

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Welcome to EB and congrats on your beautiful Pickle (LOVE the name) :D Cant wait to see more pictures.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:welcome3: to EBN. Your little Pickle is adorable.
I just completed the switch to Fromm today (the puppy gold formula though). It took me a little over a week.

There's also a Puppy Group here if you'd like to join.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Welcome! Sounds like things are going perfect! I use a litter box as well for Lucy tell she has all her shots anyway. I use paper litter what are you using?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=7945]xsubsalior[/MENTION] :smileywelcome: so glad you joined the site, jump right in and explore. There is plenty of good things going on here. If you have any questions just ask away. Pickle is so beautiful by the way :2thumbs:

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
I use paper litter what are you using?

I am also using the paper litter in a boot tray in her runner (she is in the runner when I go out), and I have a Petzoom on the outside of the runner. She was not able to jump over the gate when she was full so I put the Petzoom on the outside and it fixed that issue. She uses both 'boxes" with little problems.

This is my set up in my living room. I laid down a scrap piece of linoleum just in case of accidents.
IMG_0202.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and welcome to you and Pickle , you will love EBN, looking forward to lots of pictures and stories of Pickle

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
you will love EBN

You guys have helped me immensely already, I surfed for a while when I was waiting to get Pickle. Lots of great information about different food, toys, and my vet was suggest by this site. Great site.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
:smileywelcome: to EBN! Pickle is so adorable! I really look forward to getting to know her better as she grows. :) Congratulations on your new best friend!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=7945]xsubsalior[/MENTION]-I have been shocked with how easy Lucy has taken to it. We are using a large litter box right now but this is the next one I want to buy
pPETS-7931863dt.jpg
It is 34.5 inches long and 19.5 inches wide. I had no idea how big this was tell I went to petsmart and looked at it. It is big enough to fit my 9 months old EB in length the size she is right now. Has Pickle taken to paper real easy?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... she is precious! Love her color .... best of luck on the training and :welcome3: to EBN

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and what a sweet baby bully Pickle is. She is a sweetie for sure. I like your setup and sounds like she is doing well on the potty training. Make yourself at home here and be sure and send pics as we would love to see her grow.

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
@xsubsalior-I have been shocked with how easy Lucy has taken to it. We are using a large litter box right now but this is the next one I want to buy
View attachment 37478
It is 34.5 inches long and 19.5 inches wide. I had no idea how big this was tell I went to petsmart and looked at it. It is big enough to fit my 9 months old EB in length the size she is right now. Has Pickle taken to paper real easy?

The breeder had the paper in her litter area, so she was used to it. I started using the paper over the turf until she used it a couple of times and got her scent on it. The paper tends to get ever where so I prefer the artificial turf. The one you are looking at has nice high side and may keep the paper under control. Pickle needs to grow a little because after she eats or has to "go" she can't get over the small step over of the runner, I think for her that would be her issue with that litter box. Otherwise it looks like a great product

I found this on line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkHg21wS_TE I may try at a latter time when she is bigger. I like to keep cost down but want a product that works for my/her situation.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.