Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi New Member with a question

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi New Member with a question

I guess I'm the only one on here so far that has an aggressive bulldog... But I rescued him and I knew full well he is very dominant. His past owner never neutered him and thought it was funny when he would hump people. Then he started humping eveything, and his owner couldn't handle the situation. Then a lady adopted him and neutered him and worked with his humping tendency. At this time, if the other dog didn't want to be humped, Norm would attack them. But... it all goes with teaching them to be a well- socialized dog. They don't come that way... no breed does. To this day, he only has an issue with one of my other male dogs, and doesn't hump people or objects anymore. He will forever be a work in progress.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

I have an 8 year old Shih Tzu and I have to say.. Chester (our Bully)..is the most laid back dog. It's our shih tzu (Milo) that will nip at his face and growl at him. I have never heard Chester growl and he is over 10 months old. When they are playing, Chester can't really keep up with Milo - Chester is too bulky and slow, but if he does catch him somehow, he won't do anything but nudge him with his head. Chester is a "gentle giant".
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Genea! I can't add a lot to what's already been said. Our Gracie is very friendly to every dog we've met. And fairly fine but sometimes extremely timid around people. But she was apparently socialized with a lot of dogs at the breeders she grew up around. We'll never know why she's so afraid of sounds and some other things, but just seems to love going to Pet Smart or other "doggie" stores we've taken her to where she's met other dogs and cats. She is just fine once we get through those noisy scary moving doors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads