Here is Villa, and me of course

DetroitSquirreL

Feb 17, 2013
Eastside of Detroit, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Villa
Hello-

I'm a newly crowned bully owner. I have been wanting a bulldog for more than 1/2 my life (I'm now 42, 43 in September). I have had a lot of health problems all my life so i was always told that getting bulldog was a bad idea as cost & vet bills would be too much for me. I put it off and a few years ago started the desire up again to pursue it. I own my own home for 16 years now with a 2 1/2 car garage and a nice sized fenced in backyard. I was told over and over to adopt/rescue so I went to every resource I could find. I filled out apps over and over for the past 2+ years. I recently came back in contact with a group of old friend from my teens. My one friend runs a small breed rescue and I told her that I was looking for a bully, pre feed a male, young...you know, all the 'perfect dream' stats. She said she rarely sees bullys come through but would keep her eye out. A few weeks go by and I get a call and this is how it went....." Squirrel, you still looking for a bulldog? Yes. OK I have one but I need to find her a home by tomorrow, can you look after her? Foster her?...sure...ok, ill be by tomorrow...hey can you send me a pic? ok " LOL what just happened??? She sent me the pic and she was a doll. Mind you I said I really didn't want a female or a older one...this was a female and 5 yrs old.

She showed up the next after noon and the cutie came running in the door with her tongue flapping in the wind! She gave me a semi low down on her for the last few days that she's had her & a small bit of info on her background. Seems shes a pure breed and has been used as a breeder all her 5 years and basically left in a cage 24/7 and she is now old and no use to the owner anymore so they walked into the Humane Society in Fort Wayne, IN and left her!!!

My friend asked if I would foster her and see if I like her and she does well there at my house. She left and I let the dog wander and just settle in. We didnt know really anything about her so I put her in the crate just at night. I didn't sleep all night all I could do is think of her. Why would someone give her up? What if I cant handle her, whats her fate? I didn't want her to be bouncing around. I haven't had a dog since i was 10-11 :eek:

I got her out of the cage and we both laid in the middle of the living room on a blanket. My gf is now living with me and she has been wanting a dog as well. We woke up and she was such a nice thing to wake up to. My friend called and asked how it was going so far and i said..' we don't wanna foster her anymore...we'll adopt her!!' I'm in love!!!!

Now the problems she has were she has had 3 litters and they did a crappy job on the c-sections, since she was caged she is about 20 pounds over weight, they fed her table scraps...her nails haven't been treated in ages!! her ears are extremely dirty, she has a odd yellow look to her coat (she's all white) and she barely has any teeth and what she has are really bad looking. The next day we took her to the groomer and 1 1/2 hr later we picked her up....shes white!!! they said the people probably smoked alot as that was nicotine stains on her!!!! they trimmed her nails cleaned her teeth a bit and cleaned her ears...SHES LOOKS FAB!!!

We just took her to the vets 3 days ago and she's got a clean bill of health, got her rabies shot and an appointment to get spayed & dental work.

She is the best thing to happen to me....I went to the docs and my blood pressure is been down since she came.....I say we saved each other!

Her name you ask? its Villa. I am a HUGE fan of footy (soccer) and the team I support is the English team Aston Villa

IMG_1095.jpgIMG_1075.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Thanks so much for adopting this beautiful girl and giving her a forever home.
And Villa hon., you look absolutely adorable after your day at the "spa". :muah2:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What an amazing story!! Thank you for giving her a wonderful home... Bless you. Another angel has arrived on EBN.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Welcome to EB! Villa is gorgeous and looks so happy! I am sure she will give you many years of happiness and laughter :drawheart:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww what a cutie, and how wonderful of you to rescue her. She deserves to live out the rest of her life being loved and spoiled, and just being a bully pet. I don't understand how people can just use an animal to make money by breeding them, and treating them like the way she was treated, caged all the time, and probably no love. I'm sure under your love and care she will flourish and give you back all the love she gets. Bless her and bless you for giving her a second chance and a furever home. Hugs and kisses for Villa, and congratulations. She is beautiful.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
She is such a beautiful girl! THANK YOU for saving her! Her life has been so rough up until now, I bet she hasn't known love or the pleasure of being spoiled, or anything fun! She is going to love you so much, but take it easy with her for the first few months. Just go slow, make sure you earn her trust, and keep us supplied with pictures. :)

:smileywelcome:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
HAHAHAHA...I'm dxing a clear and extreme case of bully infatuation!

So glad to have you & Villa here, we all are bully addicts w/no known
cure...nor do we want one!

GOD will bless you for giving Villa the good life, he's already blessed
you with HER
:2thumbs:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN so glad to have you and Villa as part of the family!!! She is beautiful and I am so happy that you have taken her into your home and given her a brand new lease on life! :hug: for all of you :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow .. what a pretty girl she is. How could you say no after looking into those big beautiful brown eyes!!!

A HUGE :welcome: to you both ... can't wait to see more pics of pretty Villa!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN! Villa (too bad it isn't United ;) ) is a cutie. Look forward to seeing lots more of her and her family. Thanx for joining :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
WELCOME to you and Villa!! I'm a huge fan of "We don't get the dog we want, we get the dog we need." (Cesar Millan) Clearly, that is the case for your family!

Now, if you would, please do share the address of the folks that had her for all these years and disrespected her so. I have a gift I want to give them. :cursing:

Now, for folks doubting WHY you need to meet the parent or parents of a possible new puppy and see the living arrangements for the dogs; here ya go. What other possible reason could you need to NOT buy a dog off Craigslist or from some Pennsylvania She-Devil Amish?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the most WONDERFUL world of bulldogs! Thank you for saving her and opening your heart to her ... best of luck and we look forward to more pictures and amazing stories of your bonding

OP
DetroitSquirreL

DetroitSquirreL

Feb 17, 2013
Eastside of Detroit, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Villa
WOW!!! A huge thank you to everyone for the warm welcome and the extremely kind words!! :blush: I will ask a bunch of questions and read a lot (as I have already) all over this forum. Cheers!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.